Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton accounts discussion and ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Matt.....I think......if we all try hard enough....we can think of a million reasons why Everton are the financial success that every club should follow....come on children....you've just got to wish hard enough....everyone believes in miracles.

"Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true"

<secures tin foil tightly>

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Brilliant thread. A proper example of why GOT is going from strength to strength. The quality of the posting on here now is top. There's so much I agree with and minor points you could argue over that I've got to read it again to decide what I'm going to post.... but bravo anyway fellas.

Jesus Wept.

Secrets and Lies?
http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/09-10/comment/mailbag/14977.html

This is just it in a nutshell. Note my original points in the first post.
http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/27289-Everton-accounts-discussion-and-ownership

I've made the point that ASTON VILLA are NOT emerging.

They are in the [Poor language removed], and WILL be selling players this summer to make up for the BIG LOSS (gamble) they made last summer, and to reduce the cost of next season.

Equally, whichever of Tottenham or Man City do not make the Champions League are arguably going to take the £30million hit (lost revenue) next season. Man City can take that (only with the Arabs - but they'll be pissed off not getting it, failing their season objective) and Spurs can take it but again I believe Spurs will be selling players to make up for last seasons increase in debt (without CL).

But what gets me about Moanyweb's article. Is the sheer ignorance of the fact, YES EVERTON'S POSITION IS NOT IDEAL (especially commercial revenue) BUT THESE OTHER CLUBS HAVE TAKEN FAR FAR BIGGER RISKS AND ARE GOING TO PAY (excuse pun) BIG TIME THIS SUMMER.

It seems, and I recognised that straight away when the KEIOC comment got posted that the, original article (quoted by one commentator on Moanyweb ) that it was just music to some's ears, habitual criticism rather than realistic.

NO ONE CAN CLAIM ASTON VILLA ARE IN A BETTER POSITION THAN EVERTON.

But Lee Kidd, Liverpool: failed to grasp by saying:

"Surely if Kenwright undertook the action Liverpool have done today, then a sale would be one step closer. Yes, I know Everton are a "stable" club, but "stable" applies to both our finances and our league position. The way things stand, with the Sky Four dominance and the inevitable emergence of Manchester City, Tottenham and Aston Villa, if we maintain our current course then 8th place every year would be a top achievement."

Aston Villa's stability is coming to a head this summer, so comparing them to us and saying "they are emerging" is ridiculous.

One of the three are going to also be in a state of flux on missing the CL. The one that does get it will be a threat, with the extra revenue, but they can still mess it up and Everton could still out perform them if Moyes has his way!!! (without taking a huge gamble with EFC's future)

- but as LCAB has posted, Everton are just getting on with things (MUCHA, J SILVA and BECKFORD already), may trade up other players....

Is it me or are some fans massively missinformed - when other clubs took massive risks (last few years in particular) and are about to pay the price?

Yet our own seem so quick to stick the boot into EFC at any opportunity?

Last edited:
Apparently I could do better if I didn't repeat the point that Aston Villa are in a poor position, over and over again...

Well as I'm doing fine anyway I thought I'd repeat the point for the snides... and say just watch and see when the transfer window reopens.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/09-10/comment/mailbag/15002.html

We have not heard anything from the club about their future plans for Goodison for a while now. It seems the Board has ran out of ideas and money, and they need to bring someone on board with some fresh thinking from outside the club. Or shall we sit round the phone waiting for that elusive Arab, Indian or Russian billionaire?

Jesus wept.

6 months minimum for a architectural consultancy to draw up possible solutions, sometimes longer for "tricky" solutions to be drawn up when you've limited space such as at GP. One NEW consultancy appointed early this year...

But you get those sort of idiotic comments

Some of the habitual rather than real world criticism on there makes my skin crawl.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/09-10/comment/mailbag/15002.html

We have not heard anything from the club about their future plans for Goodison for a while now. It seems the Board has ran out of ideas and money, and they need to bring someone on board with some fresh thinking from outside the club. Or shall we sit round the phone waiting for that elusive Arab, Indian or Russian billionaire?

Jesus wept.

6 months minimum for a architectural consultancy to draw up possible solutions, sometimes longer for "tricky" solutions to be drawn up when you've limited space such as at GP. One NEW consultancy appointed early this year...

But you get those sort of idiotic comments

Some of the habitual rather than real world criticism on there makes my skin crawl.

Whatever you do don't read the bullshit summer round 2 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back