Everton accounts discussion and ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you loved Lerner Davey lid? Wanted him to take us over in 06?

No. I've argued many times here that Lerner's was a leveraged buyout. He just did it a bit more cute than going to a bank. He's loaned the club money from a family trust that'll have to be paid back with a whopping interest.

No. I've argued many times here that Lerner's was a leveraged buyout. He just did it a bit more cute than going to a bank. He's loaned the club money from a family trust that'll have to be paid back with a whopping interest.

Reform Acquisitions, which borrows it from Lerner's holding company in Ohio. Interest is charged, at 2% above inter-bank lending rates, amounting to £4m in that accounting year for 2009.

That will be more like £6million for 2010 due to the debt increase.

Also wages at Villa DOUBLED between 2008/2009. It's jumped again and now accounts for 90% of turnover. So that £6million puts a further squeeze on (to 98% of turnover).

So they have 2% with which to try and play with (about £1.5 million) surplus not including other liabilities that probably swallow that and then some.

You came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away, oh Randy
You kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you

Oh Randy won't you listen to what I've got to say
Oh Randy don't you let me throw it all away
and I need you today, oh Randy

Oh Randy you may be a ****
but I'm sure you'd have taken the Kings Dock

Increaseingly we are seeing what a good job the board have done in manageing the books in comparrison to other clubs. Its quite amazing seeing that the the current board took on 21 mill of debt from the Johnson regime. When you consider the amount of debt (under 20) mill that the present board has took on in its 8 year of regime its quite impressive in comparrison to other clubs. All that in the context of radicly improving the playing staff from the squad that was in place when

Increaseingly we are seeing what a good job the board have done in manageing the books in comparrison to other clubs. Its quite amazing seeing that the the current board took on 21 mill of debt from the Johnson regime. When you consider the amount of debt (under 20) mill that the present board has took on in its 8 year of regime its quite impressive in comparrison to other clubs. All that in the context of radicly improving the playing staff from the squad that was in place when the

Increaseingly we are seeing what a good job the board have done in manageing the books in comparrison to other clubs. Its quite amazing seeing that the the current board took on 21 mill of debt from the Johnson regime. When you consider the amount of debt (under 20) mill that the present board has took on in its 8 year of regime its quite impressive in comparrison to other clubs. All that in the context of radicly improving the playing staff from the squad that was in place when the regime took over - albit down to the skills of Moyesy. We're up there with Spurs and Arsenal as the best run clubs in the country. But rely to much on David Moyes.

Increaseingly we are seeing what a good job the board have done in manageing the books in comparrison to other clubs. Its quite amazing seeing that the the current board took on 21 mill of debt from the Johnson regime. When you consider the amount of debt (under 20) mill that the present board has took on in its 8 year of regime its quite impressive in comparrison to other clubs. All that in the context of radicly improving the playing staff from the squad that was in place when the regime took over - albit down to the skills of Moyesy. We're up there with Spurs and Arsenal as the best run clubs in the country. But rely to much on David Moyes.

Yeah, it's incredible they've *only* doubled the debt during a period they've been rolling in tv money/selling property/selling key football talent.

An economic miracle.

The great thing about that post mate, is that i think you actually beleive it.

What, you think Everton hasn't doubled its debt at a time the club raked in hundreds of millions from tv deals, sold properties it owned and got money off the likes of Rooney, Lescott, Johnson etc etc?

I think you might be alone in that belief.

Yeah, it's incredible they've *only* doubled the debt during a period they've been rolling in tv money/selling property/selling key football talent.

An economic miracle.

Villa did the same in 12 months Davek... but we all know you advocate the economics of the mad house!

And who's made more progress Everton or Villa?

Andy Gray reckons Everton. And I agree our squad is better man for man than them when everyone's fit. And we aren't hoof ball like them.

We've probably done better than many PL clubs financially, but the whole league is in a horrible mess financially and needs a severe correction to regain some sense of financial normality again.

What, you think Everton hasn't doubled its debt at a time the club raked in hundreds of millions from tv deals, sold properties it owned and got money off the likes of Rooney, Lescott, Johnson etc etc?

I think you might be alone in that belief.

Is the debt doubled?

Turnover when the board took over was 26 mill - its now close to 80. The turnover to debt ratio was over 90%.

Its no where near that now, even with evil tv money. Which means we can increase our cost base hence an ace squad of players! Hurrah!

Learner out!

Last edited:
Screw Villa and lerner, why are their arguments about them. We should remained concerned about our club. if others go to the wall, tough [Poor language removed] just leave EFC out of it.

For me apart from the 2/3 players mentioned I would prefer the club stay at that, no expensive signings this year just make sure we keep our players like Pienaar but if they want to break the wage structure then sell them. We should not be agreeable to players wagging the club.

You came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away, oh Randy
You kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you

Oh Randy don't you let me throw it all away
and I need you today, oh Randy

Oh Randy you may be a ****
but I'm sure you'd have taken the Kings Dock

Genius.

Good call on Villa there too Damon-cat, seems you got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back