Everton accounts discussion and ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player Amortisation of Contracts:

Apart from an increase in salary costs, buying new players also impacts the profits via higher amortisation.

This is a result of the accounting treatment for players, whereby the transfer fee payable and any associated costs are capitalised and amortised (written-off) over the term of the player’s contract.

For example, "A Player" was bought for £12m on a four-year contract, so his amortisation cost is £3m a year.

So basically, last years 6.9million loss on Everton's books was Everton paying incrementally for a player:

Could this be the Johnny Heitinga deal?

Or was it a combination of say Yakubu, Jagielka, Baines and Pienaar ? (more likely)

I'd love to know the breakdown of what this amortisation was

Player Amortisation of Contracts:

Apart from an increase in salary costs, buying new players also impacts the profits via higher amortisation.

This is a result of the accounting treatment for players, whereby the transfer fee payable and any associated costs are capitalised and amortised (written-off) over the term of the player’s contract.

For example, "A Player" was bought for £12m on a four-year contract, so his amortisation cost is £3m a year.

So basically, last years 6.9million loss on Everton's books was Everton paying incrementally for a player:

Could this be the Johnny Heitinga deal?

Or was it a combination of say Yakubu, Jagielka, Baines and Pienaar ? (more likely)

I'd love to know the breakdown of what this amortisation was

Its all a bit out there if you ask me mate, lets say a large part of the amortisation was Pienarr in the last year of his contrat. well we signed him for 2 mill and could potentially sell him for 8-10 mill in the summer. I not really sure if amortisation - is tangeable or is it a projection of depreication. If its not tangeable and to be honest im not sure, then we are actually turning a healthy profit by our standards.

Last edited:
Its all a bit out there if you ask me mate, lets say a large part of the amortisation was Pienarr in the last year of his contrat, wekk we signed him for 2 mill and could potentially sell him for 8-10 mill in the summer, i dont really think amortisation - is tangeable and is a projection of depreication. If thats the case and to be honest im not sure then we are actually turning a healthy profit by our standards.

I'll get onto my accountant friend and get back to you.

SO MUCH FOR "INVESTMENT" BLERTS - USING THE RANDY LERNER / ASTON VILLA EXAMPLE ...

Claiming they are in a better position than Everton????? WRONG WRONG, KenWRONG.

Massively misinformed people on Moanyweb. Man City the snides are bidding for Milner. Because they know Villa are in trouble after taking a gamble last summer.

Just as I said would happen in this summer. See above. It's happening.

Everton don't need to sell UNLESS the manager wants to. Villa do - huge gambles taken by them.

Lets hope some of the SNIDES on the likes of Moanyweb take this on board.

Last edited:
SO MUCH FOR "INVESTMENT" BLERTS - USING THE RANDY LERNER / ASTON VILLA EXAMPLE ...

Claiming they are in a better position than Everton????? WRONG WRONG, KenWRONG.

Massively misinformed people on Moanyweb. Man City the snides are bidding for Milner. Because they know Villa are in trouble after taking a gamble last summer.

Just as I said would happen in this summer. See above. It's happening.

Everton don't need to sell UNLESS the manager wants to. Villa do - huge gambles taken by them.

Lets hope some of the SNIDES on the likes of Moanyweb take this on board.

I dont trust Lerner, but to say that O'Neill is in a different position to Moyes where selling to buy is concerned is ridiculous.

I dont trust Lerner, but to say that O'Neill is in a different position to Moyes where selling to buy is concerned is ridiculous.

:huh: Trust you to say that.

THE ACCOUNTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

Only you're attempt to claim otherwise is ridiculous. Mind you you have form for this sort of thing. The UK economy springs to mind.... :blink:

:huh: Trust you to say that.

THE ACCOUNTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

Only you're attempt to claim otherwise is ridiculous. Mind you you have form for this sort of thing. The UK economy springs to mind.... :blink:

I know what the accounts say...I've just read them from David Conn's Guardian piece. Lerner is not to be trusted. Neither is Kenwright. Your insistence on seeing a massive distinction between Everton and Villa is laughable. We're a penniless club recycling tv money and the sale of players. You're deluded if you argue otherwise.

I know what the accounts say...I've just read them from David Conn's Guardian piece. Lerner is not to be trusted. Neither is Kenwright. Your insistence on seeing a massive distinction between Everton and Villa is laughable. We're a penniless club recycling tv money and the sale of players. You're delude if you argue otherwise.

It's you who's notoriously deluded.

Unlike Aston Villa,

WE, Everton are not running a 90% wage turnover and a £100million debt.

Its 62% and a £40million debt for us.

And both clubs have a similar revenue.

So go figure Davek! You said the same thing about the UK economy and what a great job the Commies were doing :o. So to call anyone delusional is rather amusing!!! :lol:

Last edited:

It's you who's notoriously deluded.

Unlike Aston Villa,

WE, Everton are not running a 90% wage turnover and a £100million debt.

Its 62% and a £40million debt for us.

And both clubs have a similar revenue.

So go figure Davek! You said the same thing about the UK economy. So to call anyone delusional is rather amusing.

It's 85%. Not unusual in the Premier League...if you'd have check your facts you'd have known that.

I say again: I dont trust Lerner. He's a chancer who'll pull the plug. But you can hold that position AND critique Everton's owners too.

...you might want to try it when you mature.

It's 85%. Not unusual in the Premier League...if you'd have check your facts you'd have known that.

I say again: I dont trust Lerner. He's a chancer who'll pull the plug. But you can hold that position AND critique Everton's owners too.

...you might want to try it when you mature.

Its 90%!

And they've unofficially got another 12 million of undeclared debt on top of the 86million on the books.

CHECK YOUR FACTS DAVEK. I have.

Its like the economics you espouse though ... so its understandable you'd be unable to bring yourself to acknowledge how bad it is.

Last edited:
It's like you actually dont want to learn, and glory in being ill informed. Very frustrating.

It's like you actually dont want to learn, and glory in being ill informed. Very frustrating.

Davek. It was you advocating the economics of the madhouse only a week ago. You're in no position to be saying anyone else is ill-informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back