Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked back at his 24 league goals for us last season. First off, he only scored in 16 games, which points to some inconsistency. And his goals only gained us additional points (9) in five games, to my way of thinking (taking his goals away but assuming other players' goals stood), meaning his goals in the other 11 league games didn't change the result.

Anyway:
Scored all three in 3-0 win at Sunderland, so two points gained there.
Scored our only goals in 1-1 draws vs. Palace and at City, two points gained.

Scored first goal in 2-0 win vs. West Ham. No points gained.
Scored two in 3-2 loss at Watford.
Scored in 91st minute of 2-0 win at Leicester, no points gained.
Scored third goal in 3-0 win vs. Soton, no points gained.
Scored first goal in that 4-0 thrashing of City, no points gained.
Got that four vs. Bournemouth in 6-3 win, three points gained.
Scored second goal in 2-0 win vs. Sunderland, no points gained.
Scored in 3-2 loss at Spurs.
Scored third goal in 3-0 win vs. West Brom, no points gained.
Scored last two goals (both in 90+ minutes) in 4-0 win vs. Hull, no points gained.
Scored two in 4-2 win vs. Leicester, two points gained.
Scored third goal in 3-1 win vs. Burnley, no points gained.

So, to summarize, he only scored three goals against teams that finished above us (gaining only one additional point) and 10 against teams that finished in the bottom five. We still would have finished seventh without him, all other things remaining the same. It's all well and good banging in stoppage-time braces against the likes of Hull, but if he'd spread those goals around a bit more, scoring at more crucial moments, we just might have earned enough points to have finished fifth.
Bye, Rom. It was fun (sometimes) while it lasted.

Everton just seem desperate to claw back the money they've spent. I knew Lukaku would have to be sold to cover the costs but I didn't imagine we'd give in early July for just 75. We should be punching for a huge fee if they want him so bad but once again Everton see money signs and take it

200w.gif

Few points - it's not "just" £75m. Depending on the contract Rooney gets and the payoff from United, you can basically add that to the fee. They are linked.

Second, we don't know if we're still "sell to buy" until September. We can't draw conclusions until then.

I agree with wait till September that's a fair point however the Rooney deal from what I hear isn't linked. In fact do we even know what the deal is? A loan? Or perm? No one knows

Moshiri missed the boat last summer. Investment then could have seen us compete for a CL place and may have persuaded him to stay.

No doubt it was a piss poor summer Dave but I certainly ain't going to throw that accusation at the board so far this summer.

Lukaku has gone ( or soon will be ) and we will crack on without him like we've had to do many a time before and maybe, just maybe we can find some players who turn out to be just as decent

That's not investing, that's called an appreciating asset. Like a house; I sell my house and make more money because it's appreciated in value.

Arl king cobra has been paid to do a job, which he's done very well, and so his value as naturally risen.

He was a solid investment by good old bill, who skimped round to find the money. It is, in fact, bill that has brought this money in by gambling on an asset that nobody else wanted.

I'm glad you've acknowledged Bills good work in this. I'm proud if you dave
I agree, it was the best signing the club has made for decades and won't be repeated in a hurray. Hats off to the people who brought him in. :coffee:

Let me spell it out for the hard of thinking. If the asking price was £100m, you bid £75m and it's treated with a meh. Chelsea then bid more and we sit back and wait for you to increase your bid. Otherwise known as a bidding war...

75 initially, that's our guaranteed fee. 15-17 in add-ons, by all accounts and whispers.

I want United utterly shafted and to feel the utter vitriol across the office from all the armchair mancs as they fume at paying 100m.

It seems like we've been a little bullied by Raiola again. The monumental bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back