Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's part exchange in all but name. I may be wrong but I sincerely doubt it.

For instance, Rooney will probably get £125k per week over two years from United in a lump sum of £12m as a "loyalty bonus" or whatever its called, and we'll get him on a free and pay him £125k a week.

So you can effectively add the saved transfer fee and wages to the Lukaku deal.

I think the transfer will be, with other addons, closer to £100m than £75m, even if it isn't technically in the deal itself. It's about reading between the lines I think - United will use Rooney as leverage, which is fine if we want the player. Because of his wages and status at United, it's not a traditional part-exchange, but it really may as well be.

I hope we sign Rooney on a gentleman's agreement that we'll deal with them on Lukaku favourably and then sell Rom To Chelsea for 80 million !

No doubt it was a piss poor summer Dave but I certainly ain't going to throw that accusation at the board so far this summer.

Lukaku has gone ( or soon will be ) and we will crack on without him like we've had to do many a time before and maybe, just maybe we can find some players who turn out to be just as decent
But we can easily see what's happened after today can't we? The "good job" that's being done is simply " churn".

Sadly not when it's the best player I've ever seen wearing the royal blue Wools.

I knew it was inevitable. Just going through the stages of grief right now.

You'll get over it mate. He'll be a big loss but better players than Rom have let the club while still in their prime.

So it's 100M with add ons. What matters is what we do with the money folks.

logo.png

Everton just seem desperate to claw back the money they've spent. I knew Lukaku would have to be sold to cover the costs but I didn't imagine we'd give in early July for just 75. We should be punching for a huge fee if they want him so bad but once again Everton see money signs and take it

Tell me one time we've sold 'low' in the past 5/10 years

Lescott - £22m, 2009
Arteta - £10m, 2011
Rodwell - £15m, 2012
Fellaini - £27.5m, 2013
Stones - £47.5m, 2015

So, wait and bloody see what the actual fee comes out as overall before spouting more tripe, yeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back