Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just think it's mad we've given in so cheaply. We need to be more firm and demand a higher fee. We are in the driving seat as he has two years left.

Sky make me laugh. We have our Major shareholder telling them a deal has not been done and they simply ignore it and plaster a story saying this has been negotiated for weeks and that it has been clever work on the part of Utd getting it under the radar. When Rom made his statement about the club he knew he was going to, it was Utd and Rom was always their no 1 striking target.
All this info coming from a supposed Utd insider.
I call bs on Rom being their no 1 striking target tho. Got a feeling they felt he would be a cheaper target than Morata with our history of for the most part bending over backwards for them.

Sky are a load of tosh

I agree with wait till September that's a fair point however the Rooney deal from what I hear isn't linked. In fact do we even know what the deal is? A loan? Or perm? No one knows

It's part exchange in all but name. I may be wrong but I sincerely doubt it.

For instance, Rooney will probably get £125k per week over two years from United in a lump sum of £12m as a "loyalty bonus" or whatever its called, and we'll get him on a free and pay him £125k a week.

So you can effectively add the saved transfer fee and wages to the Lukaku deal.

I think the transfer will be, with other addons, closer to £100m than £75m, even if it isn't technically in the deal itself. It's about reading between the lines I think - United will use Rooney as leverage, which is fine if we want the player. Because of his wages and status at United, it's not a traditional part-exchange, but it really may as well be.

Moshiri missed the boat last summer. Investment then could have seen us compete for a CL place and may have persuaded him to stay.
We'll never know, but judging by the latest events and the 'Pogba' influence I don't think he was ever staying. Yes he might have given us one more year if we'd got to the CL but ultimately we were a stepping stone in his eyes in my opinion.

I want United utterly shafted and to feel the utter vitriol across the office from all the armchair mancs as they fume at paying 100m.

It seems like we've been a little bullied by Raiola again. The monumental bell.

United will ultimately control what the fee is in the media and any mention of add-ons will be undisclosed and not at the forefront of conversation.

Sadly, even after a few years away from the top, United still control narratives and get top billing on all deals.

We'll box ourselves TT. Don't worry abar the fat rat Raiola.

It's part exchange in all but name. I may be wrong but I sincerely doubt it.

For instance, Rooney will probably get £125k per week over two years from United in a lump sum of £12m as a "loyalty bonus" or whatever its called, and we'll get him on a free and pay him £125k a week.

So you can effectively add the saved transfer fee and wages to the Lukaku deal.

I think the transfer will be, with other addons, closer to £100m than £75m, even if it isn't technically in the deal itself. It's about reading between the lines I think - United will use Rooney as leverage, which is fine if we want the player. Because of his wages and status at United, it's not a traditional part-exchange, but it really may as well be.

It's not really saved though is it because we are effectively paying for rooneys loyalty bonus (basically paying his excess wages) by selling rom cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back