Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton just seem desperate to claw back the money they've spent. I knew Lukaku would have to be sold to cover the costs but I didn't imagine we'd give in early July for just 75. We should be punching for a huge fee if they want him so bad but once again Everton see money signs and take it

I don't think it comes across has desperate on Everton's terms to scrape the money back at all. This is a player whose come out and said he wants to leave. Maybe it's Everton who are instigating all this with the bid. It's been said over various media outlets that Conte doesn't want Lukaku and he would prefer Morata or Belotti. Maybe Everton are leaking this, to force Chelseas hands at upping the bid. Create a bidding war, get more money for a player who doesn't hold his club, team mates, manager, fans and everyone else in high regard.

United are desperate to get someone in asap. They've been passed by a lot of players in the past, that Woodward fella doesn't seem to have a clue how transfers work.

£75million is an excellent fee to receive for a player with two years on his deal left and no intention of signing.

If this was Everton 18 months ago, we would of accepted £50 mil. We've changed and we can hold out for more now. Some will agree, others will disagree but it's an excellent play from Everton imo.

So, has an unconditional (binding) Sales and Purchase Agreement/Contract actually been signed between Everton and Untied? Do we know?

United will ultimately control what the fee is in the media and any mention of add-ons will be undisclosed and not at the forefront of conversation.

Sadly, even after a few years away from the top, United still control narratives and get top billing on all deals.

We'll box ourselves TT. Don't worry abar the fat rat Raiola.

The media have been doing United's bidding for them all day. Sky must have a deal were they get another bung every time they say 75m.

I'd rather we got our replacements in first tbh. Quite scary the thought of only Rooney in as a replacement.

But we can easily see what's happened after today can't we? The "good job" that's being done is simply " churn".

But Rom was always going to go Dave.

You know that. We all did.

It was a question of when, not if, and for how much.

We may not be getting a fee that we (the fans) hoped for, though I think it's very likely it'll be more than has been reported so far.

We have spent a hell of a lot of money so far and will spend more, and will have done regardless of Lukaku's future.

It's also done nice and early. He didn't want to be here, end of.

It's not really saved though is it because we are effectively paying for rooneys loyalty bonus (basically paying his excess wages) by selling rom cheaper

Of course it's saved - this way, we don't break our wage structure.

It's effectively £75m + Rooney over two years for Lukaku (equalling £100m), instead of £100m for Lukaku and then paying Rooney £25m over two years anyway and making a rod for our own backs in having a player on three to four times more than other players at the club.

I'm not saying this will all definitely happen, but I wouldn't be surprised and I see the logic in it.

Man U really no how to play the media, while Everton do 1 text then nowt, need to come out and tell everyone it's rubbish, otherwise you look really stupid.

Monday not accepting under 100

Thursday Utd agree a deal, Everton say no deal

Friday all the papers report he's having a medical which make Everton out to be liers, that is except 1 which says Koeman is furious Lukaku didn't report for training which makes Everton's story true

Remember a few months back and Riola said the contract was 99.99% done and i said " I would'nt believe a word he said " loads of you was saying he is the worlds top agent and would'nt say it if it wasnt true.

We had the Sky at Finch Farm day a few days later and quite a few were adamant they would announce the new contract then.

Told you all, Riola is a snake.

The media have been doing United's bidding for them all day. Sky must have a deal were they get another bung every time they say 75m.

I'd rather we got our replacements in first tbh. Quite scary the thought of only Rooney in as a replacement.

But he isn't...

We're going to have a completely different forward line this season. Chill T, they've got this. What have we done wrong this summer to make you doubt it? We're operating differently now.

We were never going to get £100m mate, I was merely countering the Mancs post that bidding wars no longer exist.
The only comfort to this saga, is the club have been aware this was gonna happen this summer. It has happened at the start of the window, not at the end and I can guarantee that koeman and Walsh have got their target lined up to replace him. It could potentially be another club record signing for all we know, or they might spread the cost and burden of goals across the team with getting giroud(20m) siguardsson (35m) and Rooney (free).
Alternatively we could put a bid in for the likes of dembele and look to strengthen other areas of the team Robertson (8m) and Lemos (20m)

Tell me one time we've sold 'low' in the past 5/10 years

Lescott - £22m, 2009
Arteta - £10m, 2011
Rodwell - £15m, 2012
Fellaini - £27.5m, 2013
Stones - £47.5m, 2015

So, wait and bloody see what the actual fee comes out as overall before spouting more tripe, yeh?

Arteta at 10 mill was selling low.

C'mon Tim, you're not bad of a bedwetter. We've just spent the best part of £90m. If we hadn't I'd be worried that Rooney would be; a replacement or 2 will be found and signed. Quite soon I'd imagine

And stop forgetting about our Spanish superstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back