Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th highest transfer fee in the history of football. Rising to more.
Plus a discount on Rooney.
For a lad who divides opinion amongst his own club's fan base and can't control a bouncing ball.

Yep. Chuff off Everton. You have no idea what you're doing....

25 million less than the so called asking price.
discount on Rooney? no thanks.
raise your bid or keep walking mourinho

Whats this stereotype? Lukaku wants to leave you guys and always flirts with clubs regularly. So you have a player who wants to leave and you get a near world record deal & a player who wants to return to his boyhood club and is still only 31!
Your words 'Lukaku! 75m plus Rooney is a good deal for you'.

It's not for you to decide what is good for Everton. United and its fans seem to think that everyone should kowtow to them and be grateful. You're just another football club.

Not if you don't want to sell.
Not if you are showing good faith to the player, with whom you have a verbal agreement that you will allow him to go if someone meets your valuation.
Not if you have set a valuation which is far from the real value of the player, and which an opposing board are likely to refuse to pay.
And did I mention, NOT IF YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO SELL, but are honouring an agreement with the player.
There is one price - £100million. Meet it and you can speak to the player, but hopefully you won't because, WE DON'T WANT TO SELL!
No bidding war. Just a price.

giphy.gif

He was 29 and had just come back from a major injury...

Six years ago, £10m for a 29-year-old wasn't selling low... Even though that summer was a bloody disgrace like

Sorry mate not having that, the previous three seasons he was up there with the best midfielders in the Premier League, I think we are often guilty of not acknowledging how good Arteta really was. He was far from passed his best and Arsenal turned him into a cart horse.

10mill was an insult, accepting was a crime against Everton.

It makes me mad, that they have dropped the price to include Rooney who best days are clearly behind him and we help 'them' by getting Rooney off their wage bill.
I said the other day that I expected the fee to be around £90m including add ons, so I'm fine with it. We might be spinning it into the £100m total to make it look like we've stood our ground mate.

Reports that it's £75m plus £15m in add ons, plus Rooney on a free who they'd put a value of £10m on (which is probably what he'd be due in loyalty payments)
The fact he's probably DUE a "loyalty payment" is ridiculous considering all the times he constantly said he should be playing at better teams and then this summer saying "staying at Everton...no"

Would love to understand how on earth anyone can feel that £75m plus add ons is not brilliant business. Several things stand out for me:

1. Romelu Lukaku is never in a million years worth £100m. That would make him the most expensive footballer in history of the game. He's a very good striker, but he's not THAT good. His tendency for very patchy form and his two recent non-performances at major international tournaments say to me that there's something missing that prevents him from hitting the true heights. He may still get there, but he hasn't yet and therefore cannot possibly be viewed as being worth that money.

2. Romelu Lukaku is probably not worth £75m, in all honesty. When you look at which other players have gone for that kind of money. You're talking Pogba, Bale, Ronaldo, Higuain. Pogba for me doesn't deserve that fee either. The others are IMHO a level or several levels above Rom. Certainly Bale and Ronaldo are. £75m, plus add ons takes him to their level. Let's be honest, do any of us think he's THAT good? He's a good goal scorer but there are glaring deficiencies in his game and the tendency to not exert his influence the way he could and should. He needs to grow and improve an awful lot as a player lot to justify is kind of fee. Lacazette joined Arsenal today for what..£46m? Truthfully I think Lukaku's worth is much more at that end of the market.

3. Even if Everton did leak the £100m price tag, there's no way the could possibly have thought they'd get it. When you have an asset like Lukaku, who is under a long contract with no release clause - you set your price high knowing that clubs are going to try and drive you down. Had we set it at £75m, we might have been lucky to get £65m. Setting the bar unrealistically high means we get more than he's probably actually worth.

4. We paid £28m for Lukaku in 2014. Anyone honestly think he is three times the player he was then? He has improved for sure, but not THAT much. Genuinely, I think we're getting a brilliant deal here.

That last Instagram post on Pogbas account was embarrassing. Trying to put a Man Utd training top on Lukaku whilst they giggled like little girls.

Probably best he deleted it after some of the comments but massive disrespect shown again.
Instagram mad the pair of absolute hall monitors.

That last Instagram post on Pogbas account was embarrassing. Trying to put a Man Utd training top on Lukaku whilst they giggled like little girls.

Probably best he deleted it after some of the comments but massive disrespect shown again.
Rom talks about being the best player he can be. Hanging around with his new mate Pogba and the stupid selfies, instagram and videos, we've had to endure' this summer will ensure that Rom isn't fully focused on what he does best. Those selfies and videos is something I'd expect to see from the khashardians not 2 Premiership footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back