Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, £75m for Rom? Suppose a player wants out that's a decent price for him.

But Rom was always going to go Dave.

You know that. We all did.

It was a question of when, not if, and for how much.

We may not be getting a fee that we (the fans) hoped for, though I think it's very likely it'll be more than has been reported so far.

We have spent a hell of a lot of money so far and will spend more, and will have done regardless of Lukaku's future.

It's also done nice and early. He didn't want to be here, end of.
We'll see how much the club have spent in 7 weeks time. At the moment we can see where we are - even if Lukaku goes at the reported price it would mean we have a negative net spend right now of £10m.

Today's events have brought that sharply back into focus.

C'mon Tim, you're not bad of a bedwetter. We've just spent the best part of £90m. If we hadn't I'd be worried that Rooney would be; a replacement or 2 will be found and signed. Quite soon I'd imagine

And stop forgetting about our Spanish superstar

I expect us to sign at least one quality forward on top of Rooney. Just sooner the better really. Ideally this is over quickly and we move on well before the Europa game. I just hope we've got a bigger fee than reported cause he's a proven PL goalscorer, a very rare breed.

Not if you don't want to sell.
Not if you are showing good faith to the player, with whom you have a verbal agreement that you will allow him to go if someone meets your valuation.
Not if you have set a valuation which is far from the real value of the player, and which an opposing board are likely to refuse to pay.
And did I mention, NOT IF YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO SELL, but are honouring an agreement with the player.
There is one price - £100million. Meet it and you can speak to the player, but hopefully you won't because, WE DON'T WANT TO SELL!
No bidding war. Just a price.
We didn't want to sell, but the player made it known he wanted to go, and he therefore had to go this summer whilst his asset value was still at its peak. All of which is f all to do with the simple concept of a bidding war, nice attempted swerve though. Enjoy his first touch mate ;)

Rom talks about being the best player he can be. Hanging around with his new mate Pogba and the stupid selfies, instagram and videos, we've had to endure' this summer will ensure that Rom isn't fully focused on what he does best. Those selfies and videos is something I'd expect to see from the khashardians not 2 Premiership footballers.

Agreed mate, the latest one that they deleted is a massive slap in the face to the club and shows just what a tit he is, won't be missed.

*tinfoil hat on*
Just a theory:
This 'agreed fee' was probably leaked by Man U in an attempt to put pressure on Everton. They know Chelsea are in for Rom and they know we want to take our time and get the best deal possible. Putting pressure on us like this might make Chelsea rush and come at us with their highest offer, then Man Utd can 1-up it and get him signed quicker than with drawn-out negotiations over the summer.

We'll see how much the club have spent in 7 weeks time. At the moment we can see where we are - even if Lukaku goes at the reported price it would mean we have a negative net spend right now of £10m.

Today's events have brought that sharply back into focus.

Let's get this right. In your world you would consider:
No sales and 1 person bought for £50m

Over

1 player sold for a £100m and 6 brought in for a £100m

Boys and girls, some ain't happy with the reported £75mil but we got £4mil for McGeady...swings an roundabouts and all that like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back