Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three ex kopites on the radio now discussing why Everton won't ever be able to hold onto any top players like Lukaku and stating how poor our business in this window has been.

Jason Cindy diving in as well and calling us small time haha

100 million. Well played efc. Well played. I'm a huge Rom fan but 100 million? Brilliant work. Gonna be a lot of spending going on.

Rom always did say it would be good for us when he left. He knew the price would be high.

Insane spendarama round 2 anyone? Don't mind if we do. Means we will overpay on Gylffi alas. Hope we go for Van Dijk as well as 2 new strikers.

Do you think we should have refused Sunderland's money for McGeady then? Or give Niasse away to anyone who shows an interest.

The fact is, if Rooney had shown any desire to play for any other PL club than Everton there would be about a dozen all happy to pay £10m for him.

He was never going anywhere else in the prem and Utd were desperate to get rid. We held the cards on that one.

We don't even need to sell. If we had any ambition whatsoever we wouldn't sell him.

All this "we've come so far" "statement of intent" how if you sell your best players? Which if he does go we will be minus net spend. That's no statement of intent in my eyes

I'll type it S L O W L Y.
The big galoot does NOT want to be here.

We didn't want to sell, but the player made it known he wanted to go, and he therefore had to go this summer whilst his asset value was still at its peak. All of which is f all to do with the simple concept of a bidding war, nice attempted swerve though. Enjoy his first touch mate ;)
He doesn't have to go anywhere. He's got two years on his contract and a World Cup on the horizon. He's going nowhere unless someone coughs up £100million

I genuinely would have been disappointed if we hadn't got around the same fee from United as they paid for Pogba.

Would imagine Rom will secretly be happy for it to be more than his mate's fee as well ;)
I wonder what selfie or video they can make together, if Rom takes his title as the world' most expensive player. They'd better hurry up as they are meant to join their teammates at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back