Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were never going to get £100m mate, I was merely countering the Mancs post that bidding wars no longer exist.
The only comfort to this saga, is the club have been aware this was gonna happen this summer. It has happened at the start of theceindow, not at the end and I can guarantee that koeman and Walsh have got their target lined up to replace him. It could potentially be another club record signing for all we know, or they might spread the cost and burden if goals across the team with getting giroud(20m) siguardsson (35m) and Rooney in a free.
Or use the money to strengthen all over the pitch: Lemos, Robertson and dembele.

That story isn't true

Ell Bretland is sound, but IIRC works for the Mail so probably doesn't want to 'doubt' their exclusive.

Joyce already said he had permission and I'd trust him over the Mail any day
ell is sound? Why cos he's a blue? Putting his name to a blatantly untrue story is not considered OK cos he's a blue. Unless I'm missing the point?

Man U really no how to play the media, while Everton do 1 text then nowt, need to come out and tell everyone it's rubbish, otherwise you look really stupid.

Monday not accepting under 100

Thursday Utd agree a deal, Everton say no deal

Friday all the papers report he's having a medical which make Everton out to be liers, that is except 1 which says Koeman is furious Lukaku didn't report for training which makes Everton's story true

The guy who reported it at the BBC is a close friend to Woodward at United.

Riola will be spinning it with the media as well.

The media have been doing United's bidding for them all day. Sky must have a deal were they get another bung every time they say 75m.

I'd rather we got our replacements in first tbh. Quite scary the thought of only Rooney in as a replacement.

I too would like replacements done before he leaves, I think everyone would but it never works that way.

He'll go, Rooney will come in and the talk will be "well rooney is the replacement." We'll have to change that quickly and move on.

Oh and don't forget abar Sandro TT.

Let me spell it out for the hard of thinking. If the asking price was £100m, you bid £75m and it's treated with a meh. Chelsea then bid more and we sit back and wait for you to increase your bid. Otherwise known as a bidding war...

Not if you don't want to sell.
Not if you are showing good faith to the player, with whom you have a verbal agreement that you will allow him to go if someone meets your valuation.
Not if you have set a valuation which is far from the real value of the player, and which an opposing board are likely to refuse to pay.
And did I mention, NOT IF YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO SELL, but are honouring an agreement with the player.
There is one price - £100million. Meet it and you can speak to the player, but hopefully you won't because, WE DON'T WANT TO SELL!
No bidding war. Just a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back