Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
£75mill isnt a world record - the rest is addons that we may never get.

However my issue is actually paying real money for Rooney. He would have cost Utd £30mill over the next 2 years, they were desprate to get rid and Rooney wasnt really going anywhere else. They were backed into a corner and we have offered them £10mill.
I'm confused. People used Pickfords £30mil price to bash the deal even though it was including add ons yet according to that logic we are indeed getting 90mil for rom but people are saying it's only 75. People on here make my head hurt. At the end of the day the deal totals to a world record fee and we are getting a player our manager wants.

Surprise, surprise another ex RS talking down our signings (no other pundits in the media have done this, they've all be complimentary about them) yet at the same time their one and only signing who was bought for a club record, had previously been a flop in the Premier League. Why not discuss him. They are running scared.

Of course they are.
There is a nervousness in their bravado.

We need to buy VVD just to witness actual kopite heads explode like in the film Scanners.

No. I believe its 75+ add ons which dont reach a world record thats a spin by Everton. We wouldn't pay a world record fee. Plus I reliable journalists for us say we'll waive fee for Rooney

The Rooney stuff I agree is a bit of a red herring. I can't imagine we'd have ever have paid.

I simply don't believe Everton would let him go for a straight 75 million though. We'd look needlessly weak having demanded 100 million to Chelsea. In this crazy market we don't accept 75 million.

It will be with add ons. I doubt we will ever know what the add ins are though and how realistic they are, which will suit both clubs.

Either way I think he will be a great if frustrating at times signing for United. The games you battered teams but couldn't score last year he will solve. I have reservations about his first touch but in honesty if he gets the chances Ibra had last year I would fancy him to be golden boot.

What's the United consensus? What sort of reception will Rooney get on his return?

it wont be though its just an Everton spin. Believe who you want it wont be 90m+rooney.
You can believe all the narratives you want to and make you feel good about your club but the reality is that everyone who isn't a Utd supporter can see how Raiola has bent your club over and is whispering sweet nothings in your ear as he goes in dry ... repeatedly. I best his personal take from you guys in the last two summer windows is ~200M.

Loads of reports disputing the Pickford and Keane figured between £24M and £30M.

Even if we take the highest its still a massive negative net spend right now if RL goes for almost £100M.

As said: the model is still considered fit for purpose at EFC.

Of course they are Dave, of course they are.

But that list of players in and out proves the net spend argument is pyar gash. The team looks stronger already, and that's without Rooney and another CF or 2

It's okay, as Ronke has actually found a way to make money out of them.

One teams rubbish, is another teams treasure lol

Sorry mate, but that's not the case.
It's Chorley's own Walshy who's making money out of them, Koeman's just giving him a list of people to move on.

All bow to the Chief Wool

GettyImages-531944380.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back