Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgrace that he's missing training without permission clearly doesn't care about us any longer

I think we would be mad to sell for less than 100m. We've no need to sell and it just seems like desperation to accept a low bid
Hoe do you know he doesn't have permission.

It's how the club is perceived though. In its simplest example, what does that tell other players who could move here? They can do whatever they want and the club won't act on it? what if Johnny foreigner who replaces him feels 6 months down the line he wants to talk about other clubs and moving to Barca or United or someone. Makes us look like a small time club still that anyone good leaves us. Correct me if I'm wrong but the past month transfer activity has been us putting a foundation to be able to compete with those clubs at the top who poach our players?
There's a flip side to that. Would Sandro have signed for us knowing we would get in the way of a big move?

I'm more concerned about our net spend. Lukaku was always leaving.

There is no need to sell he has two years left

Clearly however the club have spent money based on his sale and are therefore desperate to sell

Don't give me this statement of intent nonsense Everton because it's not there
That clearly isn't the reality. What's the point in keeping a player who doesn't want to be here? We'd get a lot less for him in 12 months and him not showing for preseason already shows he's spat his dummy out. He'd be toxic around the squad. If we can get 75 up front and 15 in extras it's a good deal for us.

I said this all along that the money spent would be covered by rom and got slated for it

There was no statement of intent whatsoever it was just spending money we knew we'd get back from rom
And when no serious bidders were coming forward we panicked and got lowballed by Utd.

I remember when we sold Fellaini the initial offer was labelled as derisory by the club. The same kind of initial derisory offer has come in for Lukaku but this time we have folded like a pack of cards as we need the coin.

We're about to get a world record transfer fee, and yet people think we're getting had off.

Liverpool got £65m for Suarez. Lukaku isn't half the player he was, and we will get at least 20m more

It's pretty pointless comparing those 2 fees though isn't it when the football world has gone a bit mental this transfer window. If they sold him now I reckon they'd be looking at record money.

There is no need to sell he has two years left

Clearly however the club have spent money based on his sale and are therefore desperate to sell

Don't give me this statement of intent nonsense Everton because it's not there

Why do you want a player who isn't commited to the club, disrupting the dressing room with his comments and body language. He's an utter knobhead.

Yeah he scores a few goals, but he's no 90m footballer. In fact it's only now I realize that the RS got rinsed by Barcelona. Never in a million years is Lukaku worth that stack of money.

Why do you want a player who isn't commited to the club, disrupting the dress room with his comments and body language. He's an utter knobhead.

Yeah he scores a few goals, but he's no 90m footballer. In fact it's only now I realize that the RS got rinsed by Barcelona. Never in a million years is Lukaku worth that stack of money.

If we kept him one more year we'd probably lose 20m on his value due to his contract running out but we'd make that back by finishing fourth. I genuinely believe with him we'd do it with all the new players but not without. Koeman stated numerous times we are in control of roms future as he has two years left but we have bottled it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was told he could only sign players if we sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back