Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty pointless comparing those 2 fees though isn't it when the football world has gone a bit mental this transfer window. If they sold him now I reckon they'd be looking at record money.

I'm sure they would yes maybe 20-30m more, but that still only takes it to a similar level that were getting for Lukaku, and he's not in the same class

Sky are saying Everton have told them he doesn't. Might not be true of course but by all accounts it is.
Rom shouldn't be doing that. No need to either. Disappointed in him.

Saying that. It's poor from the club too. It will make it harder for them to negotiate the best deal.

Disgrace that he's missing training without permission clearly doesn't care about us any longer

I think we would be mad to sell for less than 100m. We've no need to sell and it just seems like desperation to accept a low bid

Oh hi Mr Excitable!

What you gibbering on about now?

Joyce has already told us the deal is worth up to 100m, will that stop you cryarsing?

@davek has always stated let's see the net spend with players going out Ross my gomas yet more money coming in etc so let's see if we actually spend money!

I agree let's wait until September. But with Ross likely to go with Rooney coming in we will be massively negative behind. I expect us to at least bring in a couple more and maybe be even but it's unlikely we will spend big

The undervalued fee perhaps! then add ons for our top goal scorer tell me where we can get one for a mere 75 million?????
We don't know the fee and I don't know who we will get but it's a huge amount of profit for us and good business for a player who doesn't want to be here.

People talking up 100 million and saying 75 isn't enough, Why?

What has he done in his career that deserves a world record fee? 25 goals wasn't even top scorer last season, he hasn't won anything or came close to it really. If we get more money then great but that isn't a reflection of him being worth That, same as bale wasn't worth his fee at the time

Compared to pogba and Ronaldo who won titles and trophies before they moved

There is no need to sell he has two years left

Clearly however the club have spent money based on his sale and are therefore desperate to sell

Don't give me this statement of intent nonsense Everton because it's not there
You would keep a player who didn't want to be here?

You would keep a player who didn't want to be here?

Until next summer yes just because I believe even though we'd lose value on him, we'd make it back by finishing fourth.

I know he doesn't want to be here but remember he's got the World Cup next summer he's not exactly going to mess about this season is he? Plus if he stayed here and didn't try, then top clubs would lose interest in him next year

Completely agree

It's obvious we are desperate or else we'd have waited for higher bids up until the end of august but we've panicked.

what would you prefer that we do?
keep a player that doesn't want to be here and no signings, or get £90m and 5 or 6 players that will improve us on last year?

We're about to get a world record transfer fee, and yet people think we're getting had off.

Liverpool got £65m for Suarez. Lukaku isn't half the player he was, and we will get at least 20m more

Kopites will say something like "add ons made it £200mill lid"

On top of what we have already spent?

We party like it's 1999.

I am just at an absolute loss as to how some people are viewing this. The whole point of this window is to strengthen the squad. If we can do that AND make money, what's the issue? Should we sell Lukaku for a tenner to keep the net spend up? Its bonkers.

Maybe yous can all see something I can't, but the only time I'm bothered about net anything, is when the balls hitting the back of it.

modern footy eh. Pffft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back