Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just at an absolute loss as to how some people are viewing this. The whole point of this window is to strengthen the squad. If we can do that AND make money, what's the issue? Should we sell Lukaku for a tenner to keep the net spend up? Its bonkers.

Maybe yous can all see something I can't, but the only time I'm bothered about net anything, is when the balls hitting the back of it.

modern footy eh. Pffft
But we wouldn't be strengthening. We would be rebalancing the squad away from one star striker to a lot of decent players. The end result will probably be about the same in terms of league position.

To improve we need to spend money. There's no getting away from that.

I don't think people realise how hard it will be replacing Lukaku's goals and assists.

Would you have taken £75m for him this time last season? Would you have considered it a low fee then just out of interest?

Mate why would you sell? Just to finish 7th we need to replace all his goals. Who's going to do that? Not only that but to finish 4th we need roms goals and more! Fourth won't happen without him next season. I stand by that

If and it's a big if we sold him for 100m and invested it in someone like icardi and brought in a decent winger then maybe we would have a chance based on our improved defence and keeper. But you know how hard fourth is, you literally cannot lose more than 5 games and have to keep draws down low too. Plus it's essential we get at least four points from Liverpool and the sides around us

We're about to get a world record transfer fee, and yet people think we're getting had off.

Liverpool got £65m for Suarez. Lukaku isn't half the player he was, and we will get at least 20m more
Suarez was facing his 2nd or 3rd ban for biting another player like a rabid dog.

Mate why would you sell? Just to finish 7th we need to replace all his goals. Who's going to do that? Not only that but to finish 4th we need roms goals and more! Fourth won't happen without him next season. I stand by that

If and it's a big if we sold him for 100m and invested it in someone like icardi and brought in a decent winger then maybe we would have a chance based on our improved defence and keeper. But you know how hard fourth is, you literally cannot lose more than 5 games and have to keep draws down low too. Plus it's essential we get at least four points from Liverpool and the sides around us

We don't need 1 striker to replace his goals. His goals will be replaced from players all across the frontline. That will be addressed in the coming weeks. In fact it's already started with the purchase of Klaassen.

Didn't you hear Koeman quote this ? It's pretty obvious what his intentions are. Why have one player as your main goal scoring threat when you can have several. You're also underestimating Sandro Ramirez. A player who actually moves, makes runs and seems to have a footballing brain. Something Lukaku severely lacked. Ramirez will equally bury a chance top bin.

75m+15m is a good deal wouldn't mind.

Don't think with such a large base fee add ons will be easily achievable but everyone seems happy with deal.

We don't need 1 striker to replace his goals. His goals will be replaced from players all across the frontline. That will be addressed in the coming weeks. In fact it's already started with the purchase of Klaassen.

Didn't you hear Koeman quote this ? It's pretty obvious what his intentions are. Why have one player as your main goal scoring threat when you can have several. You're also underestimating Sandro Ramirez. A player who actually moves, makes runs and seems to have a footballing brain. Something Lukaku severely lacked.

I'm pretty sure klassen and Ramirez won't replace all of lukakus goals in fact I'm quite certain of it. They will come close but not enough. Not only that but we need more than just his goals. You saw that last season if we had more midfield goals we may have had a chance of fourth

Sky and talksport saying that it will be £75m rising to £90m with appearances and other add ons, I think that's a decent deal on our part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back