Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who then mate? Going to have to be a gamble because if they're better than Rooney or Giroud they're going to already be playing for the Top 4 in all likelihood.

It is going to be tough. Lukaku had dominated the Belgian league as a youngster before his Chelsea and West Brom moves. He scored 17 goals for West Brom at 18/19, any players of that quality and age available right now?
If there is our man Walsh will know.

I'm not saying Koeman is the best thing since sliced bread, but bang average? I think that's harsh mate. Very harsh.

And yes, there's caveats to all our signings. And there's no guarantee we'll be boss.

But Lukaku - and Ross and all of the others for that matter - haven't brought us any success. Let's just wait and see but there's much more reason to be positive than negative.

ok, good at best. bang average is a bit harsh in fairness

I'm all a bit lost with this. Bloody work getting in the way.

Has a fee been agreed or not? Are Chelsea arsed about this? Is he going to United?

He said 'I don't want to stay at the same level.' - Well, well done mate. United finished one place ahead last season and Mourinho hates you.
The inevitable falling out with Mourinho and the propensity for Rom's advisors to get involved with the press should make for some good popcorn and is the only point I place in United's favour over Chelsea's.

Mark Hughes, just said he'll find a big difference moving from a "family club" to a global entity.

I can't remember one important goal he scored for us last season, or a major game game where he turned up.

Meh.

Thanks for the goals. Thanks for being the record British transfer fee (between British clubs)

But he wanted to go. One willing soldier and all that stuff. We've spent net zero and dumped Cleverley, Geri and now Rom for about the same as the five we've brought in. So new blood - and just as importantly good players that are obviously so*

*Dont listen to Kopites about relegated keepers etc. Good players stand out in poor sides - Romelu at West Brom anyone? -whereas any half decent player can look VERY good surrounded by stars who dominate games, make good decisions and hand the likes of Lukaku open goal opportunities.

Last edited:

That's not the deal though.

So the reports say mate but equally it's very, very hard to believe that both clubs can negotiate the deals completely independent of one another... it must in some way be part of the conversations between whoever it is at both clubs who deals with all this.

Sky sports rolling news banner say's Sky Sources say Everton agree deal with Utd for Lukaku, followed by Senior Officials at Everton tell Sky news HQ that no deal has been agreed, talk about hedging your bets!

How can we still owe £16m on a transfer that cost £28m 3 years ago?. Even if the deal was amortised over the 5 year contract the most that we would still owe would be about half that.

How is this tool even allowed to post on here?. I thought we only welcomed other cubs fans if they respect the fact that this is actually an Everton forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back