"Everton can't deal with crosses"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some bloke on the radio merseyside phone in was bleating on about Graeme Jones yelling instructions from the dugout as the corners were being taken. Not just yesterday with 10 men and no shape but consistently. Meaning the players were looking over at him yelling rather than the actual play. Same caller was placing the blame for our poor defensive drills on Jones.
Well if some fanny on a phone-in said it then it MUST be true then...

Christ sake guys get a grip, this masterbatory frenzy every single time we lose is just ridiculous.

Making stuff up and slandering the management/players is pintless no matter how 'big' and 'knowledgeable' it makes you feel.
It's the same as booing, there is no positive to it.
I get the fact you want the manager sacked, really I do, but if we sacked people whenever a bunch of angry people posted something on a forum we'd never have a manger or any players.

Bobby is going nowhere, the new owner will give him a season at least while the business end and Stadium mess is sorted. All you're doing is pooping on your own doorstep and going mental about the smell.

This is like the most obvious thread ever. We are terrible in the air.

Part of the problem though is the crosses are not under pressure...the first two goals came from really good crosses from no pressure. The long ball to Carroll that started the third was also under no pressure. Barry and Besic didn't track back well on Payet.

But yeah...we are crap at defending balls in the air.

Christ sake guys get a grip, this masterbatory frenzy every single time we lose is just ridiculous.

Making stuff up and slandering the management/players is pintless no matter how 'big' and 'knowledgeable' it makes you feel.
I get the fact you want the manager sacked, really I do, but if we sacked people whenever a bunch of angry people posted something on a forum we'd never have a manger or any players.

Bobby is going nowhere, the new owner will give him a season at least while the business end and Stadium mess is sorted. All you're doing is pooping on your own doorstep and going mental about the smell.

The new owner has to replace Martinez in the summer as things stand. How could he suddenly change the defence to a good one? And his winning ratio in the league since Aug 2014 is terrible. A new guy should come in and make the team to keep clean sheets and win games.

We could have maldini and terry in their prime in there and still concede for fun its the tactics
What is it about the tactics mate, enlighten us. Who is under instruction to let the opposition cross in at will? who is failing to stop them crossing? who is failing to cover positions?

Well that's o k then,we are managed by someone that seems totally inept, and we accept it,sorry mate,and as for saying the new fella will give him a further Season you don't know that.

The new owner has to replace Martinez in the summer as things stand. How could he suddenly change the defence to a good one? And his winning ratio in the league since Aug 2014 is terrible. A new guy should come in and make the team to keep clean sheets and win games.
No he doesn't.
On the pitch is the least of our problems for a new owner to deal with. We have a good team with a lot of inconsistency because there's a lot of young players being relied upon. This will reduce over time regardless of manager.
I really don't want for us to go back to playing like a constipated Stoke 3 or 4 goals should win any match. We shouldn't be crippling our attack to bore our way through draws and 1-0 victories.

Yes the defence needs work, yes there are mistakes, I really don't see what a new manager is going to do about it other than change everything and set us back

Well that's o k then,we are managed by someone that seems totally inept, and we accept it,sorry mate,and as for saying the new fella will give him a further Season you don't know that.
You don't know he's going to fire him.
I know if I took over I'd deal with the stuff I knew about first and give those doing the stuff I didn't a chance with appropriate resources to prove themselves.

You don't know he's going to fire him.
I know if I took over I'd deal with the stuff I knew about first and give those doing the stuff I didn't a chance with appropriate resources to prove themselves.
I never said he was going to fire him mate, you don't now what he will do,neither do I.

What is it about the tactics mate, enlighten us. Who is under instruction to let the opposition cross in at will? who is failing to stop them crossing? who is failing to cover positions?
Ask coco he is the manager he tells them how to play.
We are very weak in the area of conceding crosses and it happens a lot of the time.

8e8fde3a5250e9260bdb48274edd28b9.jpg

Well...Robles had his honeymoon period...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back