Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
--
Would you be happy seeing Ferguson leave in 1997 for a bigger club like Barcelona, Madrid or Munich and go on to deliver a decade of success?

If he had given us 11 years of success of was a model professional and always did his best for the club? Yeah I'll wish him all the best. Might hurt seeing him win stuff with those other teams but i'll get over it in time.

--

If he had given us 11 years of success of was a model professional and always did his best for the club? Yeah I'll wish him all the best. Might hurt seeing him win stuff with those other teams but i'll get over it in time.

You and I have a different view of success mate. If Moyes spends eleven years at United and makes you hard to beat but doesn't win anything would you consider it a success?

yeah they had their success at just the right time. Before the Fergie/Wenger years you wouldn't say that either club was bigger than ours

Exactly.

Before Fergie won his first title, we had actually been champions more times than United had been and I think we had level title wins with Arsenal.

Or they had maybe won it once more than us.

United and Arsenal rode the wave with the Sly/PL revoloution.

Liverpool and Everton should have been up there riding the wave with them but EFC stood on the platform and watched the gravy rain roll outta Dodge under the stewardship of Peter Johnson and then Uncle Billy.

It must be even more galling for Kopites, though.

They had the ecxct same chances as United and Arsenal but whereas United aere appointing men of vision as managers and chied executives, Liverpool were fannying around with the likes of Souness, Evans and Rick Parry.

Also evertonians there as an article in the guardian claiming Moyes turned down Thiago Alcantara. WHich im furious about. Apparently he thought long and hard about and thought he wouldnt suit english football?

Is he always this indecisive? Because if he is it will end up costing us on bigger targets.

You'll get used to it mate, you've got plenty of indecisiveness to look forward to, we nearly signed Bony on loan several times in the last transfer window but Moyes kept changing his mind. Have fun going 3-4 transfer windows without buying any new players.
You should be glad Phil Neville retired, otherwise you'd have had him in CM all season.

Last edited:
doesnt surprise me that he thought a really good player wasn't suitable for english football. This will be an ongoing theme at United as he gets the chance to buy more and more flair players. The difference is United fans won't take workhorse players coming in just because it is a novelty to sign anyone at all...

yeah they had their success at just the right time. Before the Fergie/Wenger years you wouldn't say that either club was bigger than ours

You would say. No offence, but both United and Arsenal were bigger clubs than Everton. Maybe not better during that time. But they ere bigger clubs in the 80s

Whether you like Fergi or not, you can't but admire him. His apatite for success and love of the game are written all over his face. You'd imagine if he was coaching the U12's he'd be the same. Just loves the game and his teams reflect that in the way they approach football.

UTD play the game in a variety of ways. Fergi's teams always have a blend of different types of players, he gets the mix of youth/ experience right, balance of British players and continental, big/ small, workhorses, skills. No other coach compares.

Moyes has desire,
.....but love of the game and joy in it? He's not in the same mold AT ALL.

You would say. No offence, but both United and Arsenal were bigger clubs than Everton. Maybe not better during that time. But they ere bigger clubs in the 80s

In what universe were United or Arsenal a "bigger club" than Everton in the 1980s?

Or in any other era before the Sky induced one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back