Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes is basically emulating Mark Hughes.

Now he's 'at a rich club' he's throwing his weight around, snidey remarks - 'I know how Everton work, I signed all their players' - what the hell has that got to do with the matter at hand?

Utterly disgraceful.

He'll find his level. Someone on here said he'll be Newcastle boss next season. That I can see.

Moyes is basically emulating Mark Hughes.

Now he's 'at a rich club' he's throwing his weight around, snidey remarks - 'I know how Everton work, I signed all their players' - what the hell has that got to do with the matter at hand?

Utterly disgraceful.

great comparison

Arsenal yes, Man Utd - not so sure, they were after all the glamour club - the Busby Babes and Munich all conspired to generate a mythical status in the eyes of many, despite their lack of league titles.

Totally agree re. Forest, and perhaps an even better example would be Leeds Utd who dominated the English game in the late 60s and early-mid 70s, but were never really viewed as being as big as the traditional powers of the game. And perhaps their own reputation, and particularly that of Don Revie, suffered because of that perception.

This is exactly the point I was making yesterday. Their status in terms of 'Big' has more to do with this than any success the
club may have achieved later on the field had 'Munich' not happened.

I'm sure the ginger **** wouldn't sell Baines to the mancs a couple of times so wasn't he holding him back then, the to faced ****

This is exactly the point I was making yesterday. Their status in terms of 'Big' has more to do with this than any success the
club may have achieved later on the field had 'Munich' not happened.

They rode the crest of the Premier League explosion. That's why they are what they are. Munich instilled mass sympathy, not mass support.

Moyes is lying through his teeth, if he was still manager he would be absolutely fuming over a bid like this.

I agree mate, i think he is. Moyes is just acting like the archetypal scot. Tight arse who is not prepared to pay. He needs to be careful because him and Woodward could be hounded out of Old Trafford s quickly as they came in, if they do not get any transfers over the line and results take a dip.

Moyes actions reminds me of a time when i had to go up to Aberdeen for work and i was staying in a hotel. One of the guys in the office invited me out to the pub but first we had to go back to his so he could get changed and have a bite to eat. As soon as we got in he ushered me into the kitchen where he had an armchair and a small tv. After cooking his pizza he left the oven door open. As we were about to leave i reminded him he might want to close it and he told me that he refuses to put his heating on and he lives in his kitchen where he gets the heat from the oven after he finishes cooking for the rest of the night. I'm not sure whether he was a genius or ****en bonkers. To top it off though, i saw in his front room where he had a pristine leather sofa and a ****en whooping lcd tv that looked like it had never been used.

If I were Bob, I'd make a public offer of 5m for Rooney (plus Osman) and also publicly state that we'd double the wages of Rooney.

he is panicking because he phoned baines up personally at the weekend and asked him to put in a transfer request. baines said no, but he would think about a move if everton accepted an offer. moyes now wants to try and make Everton accept a deal so he can officially get to baines. maybe he made a similar call to Fellaini i dont know

he is panicking because he phoned baines up personally at the weekend and asked him to put in a transfer request. baines said no, but he would think about a move if everton accepted an offer. moyes now wants to try and make Everton accept a deal so he can officially get to baines. maybe he made a similar call to Fellaini i dont know

Conjecture?

Really ?
Wow if true.

and you know this how?

"The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and if and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well."

"The transfer window is open and we can make bids and you can say 'Yes or no', it's as simple as that. You are allowed to bid. That's not our choice [to make it public]. That's up to them. You need to ask them that question.

Now it’s all clear, he was expecting it will remain private, and we were supposed to enter into negotiations with them, it was “starting bid”, he was maybe expecting Kenwright to call him and tell him the offer is too low and things to get developed from their own till they both agree on a price.

Obviously when we leaked the story and rejected it publicly and called it an insulting bid, things changed, I doubt he will be back with a new offer, today’s words are directed to both Baines and Fellaini, he wants them to push for the moves.

Things will be very clear in 24 hours, both Baines and Fellaini will play and how they play and their body language and reaction to the crowd will indicate where they both are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back