Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there is. Are you saying, playing for a manager is a central part of any transfer.

I am not trying to blame anyone. I am saying, Martinez needs to ensure he can convince the players to play for him, rather than Moyes. If he does that, they will stay.

I'm not so sure mate, there are a lot of factors other than just whether you 'like' a manager and his ideals. I have had many a job where I've been good friends with my boss but when a new job with better prospects and money comes along, well it's time to wave goodbye and still have a pint at weekends etc.

The lure of better wages, CL football and I hate saying it playing for Man United is a big pull these days compared to fighting it out for he 7th placed trophy.

We paid the market price for their players.

Kone may prove that we paid over the odds - totally different situation they were a relegated team the values were fair - by the way just reading these bids for our players were made on Friday just before the season kicked off - well done DM and UNT now go and do one!

Please god can people stop trying to excuse Moyes part in this now, look at the last 6 months and how he has handled himself

1. tapped up by utd with 6 months left on his contract - later denying this, ran his contract down whilst pretending he was waiting to see
2. resigned osman so were stuck paying him when hes declining, whilst strangely not offering baines a new deal
3. Held Barkley back because the chance of dropping a point or two to get him experience was too risky lol
4. took his wages off us whilst doing the utd job for the last 2-3 weeks of the season
5. accepted the blue blood award whilst spouting **** about helping us find the right manager - like he was ferguson mk 2
6. the constant leaked stories to the press over baines and low ball bids
7. THIS insulting double bid

David Moyes should be embarrassed with that offer, if true. Has that man no shame? The media forever goes on about he kept Everton challenging for European places but it worked both ways. Everton were very good to David Moyes too. There were periods in his early career at Everton where he could have been fired. I could think of at least three instances where he could been shown the door. Had that offer been made while he was Everton manager, he would have surely turned it down. Shame that he now undervalues our players and disrespects the club that give him the chance to work in the Premier League.

I so hate Manchester United.

Whether the players want to go or not is irrelevant. Obviously they want Champion's League football and random medals but if United don't offer a decent price that doesn't come into it. Even if the players ask for a move United will still have to raise their stupidly low bid.

Please god can people stop trying to excuse Moyes part in this now, look at the last 6 months and how he has handled himself

1. tapped up by utd with 6 months left on his contract - later denying this, ran his contract down whilst pretending he was waiting to see
2. resigned osman so were stuck paying him when hes declining, whilst strangely not offering baines a new deal
3. Held Barkley back because the chance of dropping a point or two to get him experience was too risky lol
4. took his wages off us whilst doing the utd job for the last 2-3 weeks of the season
5. accepted the blue blood award whilst spouting **** about helping us find the right manager - like he was ferguson mk 2

SPOT ON !

He's not doing himself any favours like.

I don't reckon that Blueblood Award even seen any time on his mantelpiece. Spare bedroom at best.

It's no longer a transfer issue, it's about pride and dignity, i prefer we tell United to do one even if it means Baines and Fellaini will become unhappy, even if we will be forced to drop them both.I prefer to finish 16th but keeping our heads up over bending over to United even if it means we will have some money to spend.

The only way we should sell any of them or both of them is if United pay well over the odds, 25M for Baines and 35M for Fellaini

Exactly this.

This has F*** ALL to do with Moyes or United. It's about us. We say no deal at any price so go F*** yourself ginger boy.

Its about our board growing some balls (they probably won't like) As has been said, its a world cup year, neither player are gonna sulk or go on strike are they.

Correct

Lets take a page out of the ****es book.... tell them to pay certain amount or dont come back
Tell Felli, unless they meet the price he stays...end off

And never , ever do business with them again

they will only come knocking for special talent, talent that I am sure others will want and pay for...

sicken tired of being bullied, stand up for once and gain some pride ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back