Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main concern with Fellaini going is who do we replace him with. Most of the players that where mentioned as possible replacements have already joined other clubs (Fer, Wanyama, Strootman, Capoue). We need someone who can bring the same toughness as Fellaini and another player with more creativity. And with all honesty Im having a hard time thinking of a couple of player we could bring to properly replace the big fella.

My main concern with Fellaini going is who do we replace him with. Most of the players that where mentioned as possible replacements have already joined other clubs (Fer, Wanyama, Strootman, Capoue). We need someone who can bring the same toughness as Fellaini and another player with more creativity. And with all honesty Im having a hard time thinking of a couple of player we could bring to properly replace the big fella.

you may also need a new avatar old chum

Exactly mate, with not much time to replace Fellaini either. Which is why selling him would be a ridiculous move atm.

The new manager needs 100% backing, not just from the fans but from the board. He wants to keep Baines and Fellaini, therefore the board selling them would not display them fully backing Martinez.

Manchester United will return with an improved £35m joint bid for Everton pair Marouane Fellaini, 25, and Leighton Baines, 28, after an initial offer of £28m for the midfielder and defender was dismissed as "derisory and insulting".

Full story: Daily Mirror

After thinking about it for a few minutes we might actually be capable of properly replacing him with a combination of the following players:
McCarthy, Eriksen, Marrone, Siem de Jong, Defour, Nianggolan, Beñat, Kondogbia and Banega.

Still I would rather we keep Fellaini and add to what we already have.

Manchester United will return with an improved £35m joint bid for Everton pair Marouane Fellaini, 25, and Leighton Baines, 28, after an initial offer of £28m for the midfielder and defender was dismissed as "derisory and insulting".

Full story: Daily Mirror

be interesting to see how the bids are split up. Would we take £23m for Fellaini etc...?

If there is a double bid that we accept, it wouldn't surprise me to see Felli valued at whatever we paid liege so that we don't pay Liege 20 Percent of any profit, with Baines valued at the remaining amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back