Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't understand how we haven't reported united over Moyes, Fellaini and Baines. Any other club in the league would have kicked off massively before now. From United's illegal approach of Moyes to the broken agreement between the two clubs.

The value is £45million, pay it or f##k off.

£14-15 m. for a 29 LB would be good business. Baines is possibly the most consistent player we have had for the past 10 years and the least injured, so we will all be sad to see him go, but money talks.

IMO Oviedo would be a good replacement, with Garbutt as backup

The value of players is down to how much they need him? Bale is not worth 90 million but Madrid believe he is. We will rate Baines a lot more cos he is a key member and our best player. Man u might not agree and will look at his age, how many years left. Man u wont pay more then 23 million for Fellaini as they would have activated the clause.

I am still fuming that they have gone for the two of them. How often does that happen? They fail miserably to attract their primary targets so go for a bit of "yeah but we can still show Everton who's boss" to give the media some sort of positive stories to go on about. Come on Everton, tell them where to get off. It may just be the one and only time where we have enough cards to actually say get lost.

£14-15 m. for a 29 LB would be good business. Baines is possibly the most consistent player we have had for the past 10 years and the least injured, so we will all be sad to see him go, but money talks.

IMO Oviedo would be a good replacement, with Garbutt as backup

Why does money talk though? We don't need to sell.

Regardless mate. A **** summer even if they stay. Arouna ****ing Kone being our star signing tells you everything you need to*know about the direction this club is heading.

Complete shambles.

Err, no actually.

We signed 4 players in July (of which I thought the Barca kid was the flagship signing), had a very good pre-season and were very unlucky not to have won on Saturday.

Also, we are actually making a good fist of staving Man Utd off, for the time being at least. The picture is nowhere near as grim as you make out. Be happy.

Why does money talk though? We don't need to sell.
As long as we don't have a sugar daddy, IMO we need to sell players while their value is high, unless the player is really young and has potentially 10 seasons left in him, basicaly meaning that their will be plenty of opportunities to sell at a later date. This might be one of the last chances to make a profit on Baines.

I would prefer if he stayed as he is Everton through and through and that sure as hell also count as something

As long as we don't have a sugar daddy, IMO we need to sell players while their value is high, unless the player is really young and has potentially 10 seasons left in him, basicaly meaning that their will be plenty of opportunities to sell at a later date. This might be one of the last chances to make a profit on Baines.

I would prefer if he stayed as he is Everton through and through and that sure as hell also count as something

I'm glad you'd prefer to keep him, that's how I feel about it too.

I mean, it's all well and good taking the money for him, but replacing him is impossible really. Sure you could strengthen the squad, but I'm not sure how much stronger you really make it. Plus other teams will know we have a bit to spend, so will push for higher prices.

I like having the best left back in the world in our team, an Evertonian too, it'd be brilliant to keep it that way.

Anyone else think that Fellaini not getting his move could do more harm than good at this stage? I'm speculating here but my guess is that Fellaini wants the move to United and is probably half expecting it, so if it doesn't happen could we see a demotivated player on the pitch (which is not worth a w*nk to us of course), he may even do a bit of sulking and get his auld fella to throw a few soundbites in to get the move back on in january...................I'm not saying that this WILL happen just that its certainly a situation which could happen and would be the worst case scenario for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back