Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still fuming that they have gone for the two of them. How often does that happen? They fail miserably to attract their primary targets so go for a bit of "yeah but we can still show Everton who's boss" to give the media some sort of positive stories to go on about. Come on Everton, tell them where to get off. It may just be the one and only time where we have enough cards to actually say get lost.

United are going for the pair as a joint bid because the Baines move is a tough nut to crack on its own, but they know we want Fellaini shifted for players in and see welding both players to the same process as the nutcracker. If Arsenal came in now for MF it'd **** them right up.

Rumours that Unt have give up on Baines and now going to offer 10 million for Luke Shaw the young Southampton left back another joke bid as Southampton will say no to that me thinks!

Why does money talk though? We don't need to sell.

I'm glad you'd prefer to keep him, that's how I feel about it too.

I mean, it's all well and good taking the money for him, but replacing him is impossible really. Sure you could strengthen the squad, but I'm not sure how much stronger you really make it. Plus other teams will know we have a bit to spend, so will push for higher prices.

I like having the best left back in the world in our team, an Evertonian too, it'd be brilliant to keep it that way.

Exactly this, money talks but when it makes the team worse selling a player whoever we replace him with it seems pointless unless the player really wants to go.

And I always thought he was a red?

Err, no actually.

We signed 4 players in July (of which I thought the Barca kid was the flagship signing), had a very good pre-season and were very unlucky not to have won on Saturday.

Also, we are actually making a good fist of staving Man Utd off, for the time being at least. The picture is nowhere near as grim as you make out. Be happy.

to be fair mate, if a 19year old on loan for a year is our flagship signing that supports his view.

If there is a double bid that we accept, it wouldn't surprise me to see Felli valued at whatever we paid liege so that we don't pay Liege 20 Percent of any profit, with Baines valued at the remaining amount

Personally I don't think the club would do that. Selling for any amount of profit would still leave 80% of it for the club.

Personally I don't think the club would do that. Selling for any amount of profit would still leave 80% of it for the club.
You don't really get what he is saying. Unofficially the price for Fellaini might be £22 m. and £14 m. for Baines. Officially it will be £17 m. and £19 m. so that Liege don't get anything.

We've got in a decent backup keeper, a decent defender and a decent striker, plus a young lad from Barca who could be brilliant but is here for one season only. However, once you factor in that Barkley could have a stormer and the emergence of Stones, then our squad is a fair bit stronger than last season (having lost no one of note).

The only cause for concern is that despite the increase in tv revenue we haven't made a marquee signing of our own and really increased the quality of our first XI. An argument can actually be made that none of our signings would get in our best XI.

Last edited:

I have been reading a lot of articles and comments stating that Baines' stance on moving to United has seemed to changed since he last rebuffed their offer. Similarly, there have been statements that it definitely looks like Fellaini is going by the way his team mates are acting etc.

I haven't noticed any of these things. What happened and when to give people these impressions?

You don't really get what he is saying. Unofficially the price for Fellaini might

be £22 m. and £14 m. for Baines.
Officially it will be £17 m. and £19 m.
so that Liege don't get anything.

Yeah Monaco did exactly this when they signed Moutinho and the other guy from Portugal.

Still an insulting and derisory amount, no let us be clear it is too F'ing small never mind Liege. And I would not like to see them go. Basically our EX is Pi**ing aboput because the players he and Man U really want have given him the finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back