Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours that Unt have give up on Baines and now going to offer 10 million for Luke Shaw the young Southampton left back another joke bid as Southampton will say no to that me thinks!

Beat me to it mate, if that 10m bid for Luke Shaw is genuine then it just goes to show how utd think that they only snap there fingers and everyone jumps, they must think every team is there for their benefit.

Just put 45m on the table and be done with it

We can bring chantome (PSG) ajax cb for around 12m
Moses 8m and a marque midfielder for 15m eriksen would be nice.
10m spare for kenwright to pocket

Howard
Colman jags alderweird oviedo
Chantome
Eriksen barkley
Mirallas jela moses

With a strong squad to fill the bench

Rumours that Unt have give up on Baines and now going to offer 10 million for Luke Shaw the young Southampton left back another joke bid as Southampton will say no to that me thinks!

Is it really a joke bid? £10m for a promising 18 year old full back seems like a decent starting price for me.

It's this kind of attitude which results in £35m being spent on the likes of Andy Carroll.

I'd be amazed if we get anywhere near a £45m for the two.

The biggest problem in these negotiations is that Baines and Fellaini are worth a lot more to us than their actual market value. Just look at how Baines is at the fulcrum of our play, but when it's all said and done he's a 28 year old left back, you're not going to find many teams who think it's worth paying £20m for that type of player.

Is it really a joke bid? £10m for a promising 18 year old full back seems like a decent starting price for me.

It's this kind of attitude which results in £35m being spent on the likes of Andy Carroll.

he's not 'promising' tho, he's pretty ****ing ace already and going to get even better. and he literally just signed a new 5 year contract a few weeks ago.

he's not 'promising' tho, he's pretty ****ing ace already and going to get even better. and he literally just signed a new 5 year contract a few weeks ago.

Alright, but he's an 18 year old full back. How much do you think is a fair price? Jordi Alba went for £12m to Barcelona last summer. There's no doubt in my mind the market on English players in this country is over inflated.

40mil could be a fair valuation, so could 50, 60, whatever. But we don't need to sell, we really don't.

To put this in context, Real Madrid are believed to be offering £80 million for Bale.

Only in Bizarro World is Bale worth as much, if not more, as Baines and Fellain combined.

Anyone else think that Fellaini not getting his move could do more harm than good at this stage? I'm speculating here but my guess is that Fellaini wants the move to United and is probably half expecting it, so if it doesn't happen could we see a demotivated player on the pitch (which is not worth a w*nk to us of course), he may even do a bit of sulking and get his auld fella to throw a few soundbites in to get the move back on in january...................I'm not saying that this WILL happen just that its certainly a situation which could happen and would be the worst case scenario for us

Ordinarily that would be the case......but in this case Fellani himself nust be shocked at the paltry fee offered for him and if the club turn it down he can't possibly have any qualms with it.

It's not like a realistic figure has been offered and the club dismissed it out of hand.

I think if United don't make a realistic offer and Fellani stays, far from being "de-motivated" he will be anxious to prove that he is worth way more than Moyes thinks he is.

I wonder how Patrice Evra views this fiasco.

Moyes has not covered himself in glory this week.

Instead of basking the the glory of their spectacular performance on Saturday, United are made to look a laughing stock and have undermined their existing left back.

To anyone panicking about the potential departure of Baines/Fellaini: OPTIMISM!!!!!!!! Keep it. Cherish it. Think of Champions League. That is until the inevitable departure of Baines/Fellaini. It might not be this window, but it will happen. I keep thinking "We've kept them this long, maybe we can keep them", then I think "We are Everton, of course it will happen."

If you can't tell, I'm conflicted.

To anyone panicking about the potential departure of Baines/Fellaini: OPTIMISM!!!!!!!! Keep it. Cherish it. Think of Champions League. That is until the inevitable departure of Baines/Fellaini. It might not be this window, but it will happen. I keep thinking "We've kept them this long, maybe we can keep them", then I think "We are Everton, of course it will happen."

If you can't tell, I'm conflicted.

This is the least optimistic call for optimism I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back