Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I think London is a particular attraction for foreign players, so Fellaini might well be relaxed about United and prefer a move South. This could be an increasingly important factor and one that will impact Moyes unless he keeps Utd at the top of the tree.

There really is no comparision between the Spurs/Bale situation and the Everton/Fellaini situation.

Fellaini had a buy-out clause that most Evertonians felt was either fair or understated his value...there were no takers,which tells us that in the football world Fellaini has a value of approx. 23m or less.

Bale has no buy-out clause but has a team that wants to buy him almost regardless of the cost.

It is simply nonsense to say that Levey could get more for Fellaini when clubs refused to buy him using an escape clause.It is obvious that clubs value Fellaini at about 20m or less.
Of course to Everton Fellaini is worth considerably more than 20m,but you cannot sell a player for 24m if nobody wants to buy him.

There really is no comparision between the Spurs/Bale situation and the Everton/Fellaini situation.

Fellaini had a buy-out clause that most Evertonians felt was either fair or understated his value...there were no takers,which tells us that in the football world Fellaini has a value of approx. 23m or less.

Bale has no buy-out clause but has a team that wants to buy him almost regardless of the cost.

It is simply nonsense to say that Levey could get more for Fellaini when clubs refused to buy him using an escape clause.It is obvious that clubs value Fellaini at about 20m or less.
Of course to Everton Fellaini is worth considerably more than 20m,but you cannot sell a player for 24m if nobody wants to buy him.

I suppose the argument our fans are trying to make is that Fellaini is just as important to us as Bale is to Spurs, and we are not that much worse than Spurs even with Bale in their squad, which maybe - following that trail of logic - means their values shouldn't be vastly different. Of course there appears to be about an 80m difference between what Man Utd are prepared to pay for Fellaini and what Madrid are prepared to pay for Bale, which is galling.

Last edited:

I suppose the argument our fans are trying to make is that Fellaini is just as important to us as Bale is to Spurs, and we are not that much worse than Spurs even with Bale in their squad, which maybe - following that trail of logic - means their values shouldn't be vastly different. Of course there appears to be about an 80m difference between what Man Utd are prepared to pay for Fellaini and what Madrid are prepared to pay for Bale, which is galling.

Quite simple mate.. Bale is a much better player.

c9Ups.gif

Quite simple mate.. Bale is a much better player.

Yes but following on from that Man Utd seem determined to secure Fellaini - and if that's the case then why do they keep lowballing?

Hence my view that there's some debate in the Man Utd hierarchy of his actual value.

oh how id love a chairman like levy right about now, we would be getting £50M+ for both these or they would be staying.

Levy well and truly stands up to every club, even super clubs like real madrid.

We act all hard then roll over and get our belly tickle...pi55es me right off

Levy is only able to do that because he has the finacial muscle of Joe Lewis underpinning everything that happens at Spurs.

Joe is one of the richest men in the world and as such he can dictate to players that they must honour their contracts and tell predatory clubs that they can cough up whatever amount he thinks is acceptable or they can just sod off.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back