Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys we lose fellaini and baines

we have 30 mil + right

so instantly 5 mil goes to sequira the left back, that leaves us with needing to replace fellaini, many feel it will be mccarthy at wigan, personally i feel we should be ambition and try eriksen at ajax so thats what 10-15 mil there, meaning we have roughly an extra 10-15 mil to sign a striker

i think for that amount we could easily buy someone like Huntelaar

That left back is off to Real apparently.

[video=youtube;1L1n5JULaxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L1n5JULaxs[/video]

Sebastien Pocognoli

Linked with this lad as well, he's Belgian so i'm in

[video=youtube;1L1n5JULaxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L1n5JULaxs[/video]

Sebastien Pocognoli

Linked with this lad as well, he's Belgian so i'm in

Heard of this lad. No idea if he's any good and that video doesn't really help.

He is Belgian though.

Any good?

Not really. It's a powerful squad United's, and if he didn't perform he wouldn't be seen much. Even if he did, the rotation is such that he'd be used in about 20 of United's usual 50-60 games...not in itself a barrier to the Belgian squad, but that lad needs to be playing all of the time and he might think it'd be wise to leave it a year so as not to tamper too much with the formula that got him where he is.

The knives would be out for Moyes if he spent £20m-ish on a player and then played Anderson, Jones, Giggs, Fletcher or Powell ahead of them. The only credible competition would be Carrick, Cleverley and Kagawa, who is probably more comfortable out wide.

We know that he has his favourites and that he tends to let them refind their form (bang their head against a wall) rather than rotating them.

As with the manager, the chance to join United might never come along again and I can't see Felli having to decide for too long about a move. Even if he went their and was 'rested' he'd go to the WC anyway by virtue of playing for Man U and he'd be refreshed.

Willian, age 25, 2 Brazil caps, 20 goals in 140 for Shakhtar (1 in 7.0), 1 goal in 11 for Anzhi. Value £30.

Fernandinho, age 28, 5 Brazil caps, 31 goals in 184 for Shakhtar (1 in 5.9). Value £30.

Fellaini, age 25, 42 Belgian caps (7 goals), 25 goals in 139 for Everton (1 in 5.5). Value?

Felli has only played 2 seasons out of 5 as a forward (in a harder league) and the other two are described as attacking players.

Well said comrade! This love-in with the mancs is making me fume. We're scousers , there mancs , **** them off........
Imagine baines signs for them!.............Rooney and baines both in red shirts at Goodison with the away end singing " you scouse bastards " FFS boys
?????????? Sweeping generalisations I have a lot of scouse mates

Willian, age 25, 2 Brazil caps, 20 goals in 140 for Shakhtar (1 in 7.0), 1 goal in 11 for Anzhi. Value £30.

Fernandinho, age 28, 5 Brazil caps, 31 goals in 184 for Shakhtar (1 in 5.9). Value £30.

Fellaini, age 25, 42 Belgian caps (7 goals), 25 goals in 139 for Everton (1 in 5.5). Value?

Felli has only played 2 seasons out of 5 as a forward (in a harder league) and the other two are described as attacking players.

Puts everything into perspective that. If Felli was playing for anyone else, he'd be hyped up as a 35m+ player. At times he's unplayable, and no one is more disruptive in the centre of the park than Fellini. If we sold him we'd not replace him with anyone of his quality, and his stock would be up in no time at his new club and we'd then know how much we'd been robbed in the sale.

To echo other posters who want him to stay, I wish the club would just flat out say he's not for sale. The same goes for Baines. If we're realistically looking to push on, you don't go selling your two best players.

But do the players think we're pushing on? and selling your two best players sends out the wrong message to other players. and makes us look an easy target for other clubs. we've swapped these 4 for the players we lost. And only kone ( maybe ) would improve us, The first 11 is good but outside that you worry. We've spent **** all for a club of our size (as we don't have it)
And The board always always **** on us ( bk) so I expect this is all pr **** so Everton can sell to Man U and say we tried to keep them bla bla. We're sadly a club that lacks ambition with a chairman to match

Last edited:
this...

Puts everything into perspective that. If Felli was playing for anyone else, he'd be hyped up as a 35m+ player. At times he's unplayable, and no one is more disruptive in the centre of the park than Fellini. If we sold him we'd not replace him with anyone of his quality, and his stock would be up in no time at his new club and we'd then know how much we'd been robbed in the sale.

To echo other posters who want him to stay, I wish the club would just flat out say he's not for sale. The same goes for Baines. If we're realistically looking to push on, you don't go selling your two best players.

...100%

But do the players think we're pushing on? As a fan I don't we've swapped the players we had for the players we lost. The first 11 is good but outside that you worry. We've spent **** all for a club of our size (as we don't have it)
And The board always always **** on us ( bk) so I expect this is all pr **** so Everton can sell to Man U and say we tried to keep them bla bla. We're sadly a club that lacks ambition with a chairman to match

I do not think its that we lack ambition or the chairman lacks ambition. Its down to the fact that the resources we have can only take us so far. What should we do, blow 30 mil and hope that we get champions league or else we go bust? Regardless of the **** ups BK has made at least he has enough about him to know the level of our finances and how far we can stretch them without going over the edge.

Rightly or wrongly Kenwright has not got the financial power to blow big bucks on players, thus meaning we sell to buy as per the norm...

If he was as good as we all think he is there would be more than Utd after him, There's hardly a raft of clubs fighting over his signature is there

Fellaini is not a 30m+ player

Just watching UTD and Arsenal both clutching at straws, for MF, Fellaini is available, I expect a request from him. Anyone else?

If he was as good as we all think he is there would be more than Utd after him, There's hardly a raft of clubs fighting over his signature is there

Fellaini is not a 30m+ player

This is true.
An offer of 25m and he's gone.

He's good, but not irreplaceable.

I hope he stays, has a boss season with us and plays for us in Europe next seaon. But money talks and, despite talk of new TV money, selling a top player occassionally is our way of balancing the books. I wish it was different, but it ain't.

Status
Not open for further replies.