Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne out £25m

The young Scot and the Ukrainian in.

That’s yer lot lads barring any loan deals.
I would be surprised if that is it for January mate.

If you listen to the Esk (he knows his stuff but I have never trusted a man who won't put his actual name to what he says), it seems that if we sell Digne for £25m then that gives us a £17m profit on his "book value".

If you factor in that we seemed to have money from getting James off the books then you'd think that even if you say Patterson and Vitaly cost us £10m between the two for this years finances, that should give us anywhere from £7-10m to spend on a player. Let's not forget that it doesnt mean we can only sign a player for £7-10m either, it means we can only pay £7-10m in this years accounts.

In theory we could buy a player for £50m in January if the deal was spread across 5 years with £10m each year.

I'd be surprised if we didnt get at least 1 more in given the clear need for bodies.

Still the same scenario for me. We can add some experienced cover to the graphic in the likes of Coleman/Kenny, Townsend, Iwobi, Begovic. We are painfully desperate at CM (or CAM if he wants 4-2-3-1), need a huge upgrade in defence, need another striker. Can maybe add Nkounkou as back-up LB next season if he's fancied. Need to see how the two new lads develop but it's not the worst starting XI.

We certainly don't need another winger yet though as much as Johnson looked great yesterday.

Untitled.webp

I would be surprised if that is it for January mate.

If you listen to the Esk (he knows his stuff but I have never trusted a man who won't put his actual name to what he says), it seems that if we sell Digne for £25m then that gives us a £17m profit on his "book value".

If you factor in that we seemed to have money from getting James off the books then you'd think that even if you say Patterson and Vitaly cost us £10m between the two for this years finances, that should give us anywhere from £7-10m to spend on a player. Let's not forget that it doesnt mean we can only sign a player for £7-10m either, it means we can only pay £7-10m in this years accounts.

In theory we could buy a player for £50m in January if the deal was spread across 5 years with £10m each year.

I'd be surprised if we didnt get at least 1 more in given the clear need for bodies.

Arnt we already over the £105m limit by £35m. Surely we have to start reducing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back