Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January 2025 Transfer Thread

I didn't say it was what you said? I'm talking generally, not specifically to you. A couple of people said that it wouldn't cost hundreds of millions but realistically I think it would. As I said to you earlier, we're literally talking about a dozen players here, and we're talking about wanting a squad which can do better than the 12th place we would have achieved on merit last year. I just don't think that it's reasonable to think we could undertake that sort of rebuild without spending in the region of £200 million. It's theoretically doable of course, but it's highly unlikely. With the greatest of respect, there must be a reason why just going and buying a load of players en masse from Bundesliga II and the Swedish league isn't a common model for successful teams. If it was easy as you're suggesting then it's difficult to understand why nobody does it really.
It comes down to where you do your recruitment, we always stick to the top 5 leagues which is costly and awkward for a club like us. We should be looking further afield that was my point in regards to other leagues, tbf if they are good enough for the likes of City, Brighton, Spurs and many others around Europe I don't see why they can't be good enough for us. Tbh our biggest issue is that its going to be Thelwell who probably does the rebuild and I'm not sure that he is the best person to do it regardless of what it costs.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back