Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the only decent player in Scotland. Still need to proceed with caution though, I remember not so long ago when the Scottish Messi and John Souttar were destined for massive things.

This thread has descended into farce. Should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Sam, whenever supporters of another club come on here, do they all get treated like this, or am I a special case?

In the Celtic forums we have a sniff sniff emoji, indicating the new poster is a Rangers supporter, and the new guy get's asked questions about Celtic, but if they declared they were an Everton fan, and I can think of at least two off the top of my head that have posted on our forums, they tend to get more of a pass, than if they claimed they were Celtic supporters.

If someone had told me yesterday before I came on here that I would be accused of lying about having an Everton kit when I was around 10, by a two bob Miss Marple tribute act, I'd have said they were mental, but here we are.

I'd better not tell him I got my dad to buy me the Man City red and black away kit, after he took me to see a Celtic - Man City friendly around the 69/70 mark. It might tip him over the edge!

Probably the only decent player in Scotland. Still need to proceed with caution though, I remember not so long ago when the Scottish Messi and John Souttar were destined for massive things.

Who was that, Roger?

There have been a few players up here who are lauded in the media as future superstars after a couple of games, especially if they played for Rangers, or Sevco, due to the press up here basically being Sevco PR representatives, John Fleck being a prime example of this. The media were pushing for him to be included in the upcoming Scotland squad after one full 90 minutes, and coming on a substitute in his only other game.

While I can understand English supporters being wary of players who come from the SPFL Premiership, I can assure you Tierney is in a completely different class entirely to Soutar mate. There's no comparison.

Sam, whenever supporters of another club come on here, do they all get treated like this, or am I a special case?

In the Celtic forums we have a sniff sniff emoji, indicating the new poster is a Rangers supporter, and the new guy get's asked questions about Celtic, but if they declared they were an Everton fan, and I can think of at least two off the top of my head that have posted on our forums, they tend to get more of a pass, than if they claimed they were Celtic supporters.

If someone had told me yesterday before I came on here that I would be accused of lying about having an Everton kit when I was around 10, by a two bob Miss Marple tribute act, I'd have said they were mental, but here we are.

I'd better not tell him I got my dad to buy me the Man City red and black away kit, after he took me to see a Celtic - Man City friendly around the 69/70 mark. It might tip him over the edge!
Well we do have some bad whoppers/hard men/people with absolutely no lives whatsoever (delete where necessary) on here, that much I can tell you. However we do also have a large majority of superb and passionate, level-headed and fair people on here too, which is what keeps most of us here.

I know we have Spurs and Sunderland fans who regularly post here and are treated with great respect. I hope most of the members you chat with fall into this category, sorry if they don't.

About the second bit in bold, I am not surprised. People get accused of all sorts on here with literally no foundation whatsoever. Best bet is just to slam them on your ignore list.

PS hope we can sign Tierney from you, but have no expectation that'll we'll be able to pull it off.

Would you say that you are always the victim and its never your fault?

Eh?

I would say I replied to people in the manner they deserved. If you check my posts, if someone talks to me in a normal manner, they get a normal reply. if someone posts like you, I reply to them in the manner they deserve.

Yeah, it's is hard to take when you come in like a lion, with bizarre accusations, then have to go out meekly, like a lamb, after you realise you've made a fool of yourself.

I give new posters on Celtic forums the benefit of the doubt, until they make posts which seem to have the bitter and twisted attitude of a Rangers supporter. I can't ever imagine a situation in which I would got through someone's posts, trying to prove they didn't get an away kit when they were around the age of 10. I suppose that's just one of the differences between you, and I.

Last edited:
Well we do have some bad whoppers/hard men/people with absolutely no lives whatsoever (delete where necessary) on here, that much I can tell you. However we do also have a large majority of superb and passionate, level-headed and fair people on here too, which is what keeps most of us here.

I know we have Spurs and Sunderland fans who regularly post here and are treated with great respect. I hope most of the members you chat with fall into this category, sorry if they don't.

About the second bit in bold, I am not surprised. People get accused of all sorts on here with literally no foundation whatsoever. Best bet is just to slam them on your ignore list.

PS hope we can sign Tierney from you, but have no expectation that'll we'll be able to pull it off.

Cheers, Sam. I've had a couple of PM's from guys like that today, mate.

As I posted earlier, it's the fact that Celtic seem to be pushing this that makes me think he'll definitely leave after the CL qualifiers. What team he'll go to though is still up for grabs. I know it can take players a while to adjust to new clubs, and a different country, but once Tierney get's settled at whatever club he signs for I reckon he'll be an excellent player for them.

To get back into the subject of buying a very talented footballer.

I still think he is a target and I think current "paper talk" has agent tactic all over it.

He has a long term contract, he would earn more at Everton but he is very much committed to Celtic.

I think by next week, we will have a clearer picture because no doubt Celtic will be linked to a left back via the papers which will light the touch flame again but Celtic are not in a position where they need to sell so if they have an asking price, they have an asking price.

£25m is a steal, personally but we still need to clear 3 to 4 players out.

£25m for Tierney will be an absolute steal in a couple of years.
We dithered over van dijke when he was at Celtic and look where that got us.
Some really bad wums in here by the way, if you were as old as me you would treat Celtic with the respect they deserve, they are an absolutely massive club with a rich and proud history who happen to be playing these days in a poor league set up, it wasn't always like this though.
They have played in 2 more champions league finals than we have and won it once with a team that was born and raised within the local area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back