Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was that, Roger?

There have been a few players up here who are lauded in the media as future superstars after a couple of games, especially if they played for Rangers, or Sevco, due to the press up here basically being Sevco PR representatives, John Fleck being a prime example of this. The media were pushing for him to be included in the upcoming Scotland squad after one full 90 minutes, and coming on a substitute in his only other game.

While I can understand English supporters being wary of players who come from the SPFL Premiership, I can assure you Tierney is in a completely different class entirely to Soutar mate. There's no comparison.
Ryan Gauld mate. Now 22 and spent last season on loan at some gash Portugese team.

Ryan Gauld mate. Now 22 and spent last season on loan at some gash Portugese team.

Celtic were linked with him when he played in Scotland as well. The few times I saw him play for Dundee United, it was obvious he was a skilful player, but he wasn't always in the Dundee United team, and if you're not a guaranteed first team player for Dundee United, you're hardly ready to be a Celtic first teamer.

I tend to be a tad cynical when it comes to young players who are going to be the next big thing, and like to wait until I've seen them before I decide if they're as good as the press say they are. I wasn't surprised when he didn't make it at Sporting. Tierney has been an established Celtic player for a few years now. In my opinion, he'll be a star when he eventually goes to the Premiership.

It can work the other way as well, and Daryl Murphy was a complete disaster for Celtic, and for such a big man you'd have struggled to slip a Daily Record under his feet when he jumped for the ball. He left us, and tore up the Championship, and I believe he's now in the EPL, with Newcastle, which totally astonishes me.

When Martyn Waghorn was at Sevco he was a joke figure amongst Celtic fans, but I read somewhere that he's done really well at Ipswich, though I haven't actually seen him play since he left Scotland. Graham Dorrans played for WBA in the Premiership, but has been pretty poor for Rangers and hasn't kicked a ball whenever he's played against Celtic.

Is 164 pages a GOT record for a transfer rumour that now apparently won't happen, according to the Beeb?

Or maybe GOT didn't do transfer rumours c.2007 when we apparently signed Riquelme.

Is 164 pages a GOT record for a transfer rumour that now apparently won't happen, according to the Beeb?

Or maybe GOT didn't do transfer rumours c.2007 when we apparently signed Riquelme.
Hahahahahahahahaha no. Im not sure 164 pages even stands as the longest INTRO to a thread about a player signing that will never happen. How long was Matas or Witsels from not that long ago?

It's not even close.

This one has been on topic maybe 20% of the time as well.

Mostly been a schlong measuring contest and a rightful indictment of SPL as a pub league.

Glad you’ve caught on MT-NSNO.

I find it hard to believe that we were ever arsed about him.

We should be because we need a left back and he’s good apparently.

But I’m choosing to not believe it unless Marcel tells me to believe it.
I really would love to get him as I can see him being molded into a fantastic left back. If we don't we still have a younger option in Robinson who has looked well for Bolton and even USA against France before the WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back