Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

A little under three weeks now until the first game. I can't stress enough how important it is to get the DCL stuff sorted out ASAP.
Club are really stuck with this situation, he wants 130k a week which is ridiculous so they have offered him less which is right. He doesn’t want to sign it which is his right, but is wage demands, injury record and the fact he doesn’t score is putting other clubs off.

A little under three weeks now until the first game. I can't stress enough how important it is to get the DCL stuff sorted out ASAP.

…..the difficulty is the dependence is on the player. I’m sure the club would sell given his contract situation but until he gets an offer from elsewhere he’s happy with, the situation will trundle on.

…..the difficulty is the dependence is on the player. I’m sure the club would sell given his contract situation but until he gets an offer from elsewhere he’s happy with, the situation will trundle on.

See above. It needs one of the player and club to force the hand in some way. I would be happy if we took initiative and forced ours. I wanted to keep him but in the pre-season games you can see that he's mentally not there right now and this stuff is bothering him. Until it's done I'd take him out of the side, keep him on the bench and develop the other players we have and are under longer term contract.

See above. It needs one of the player and club to force the hand in some way. I would be happy if we took initiative and forced ours. I wanted to keep him but in the pre-season games you can see that he's mentally not there right now and this stuff is bothering him. Until it's done I'd take him out of the side, keep him on the bench and develop the other players we have and are under longer term contract.

Simple mate, you transfer list him.

….not sure how the club ‘can force’ this. Power is with the players these days, he won’t be benched whilst he’s considered to be the best option. It’s the way things are since Bosman.

Transfer listing DCL would hardly strengthen our negotiating position with other clubs.

It seems at present, nobody is offering him the wage we're being told he is demanding, and/or are prepared to pay the fee that Everton value him at.

Until there is a change in stance on either one or both fronts, the status quo will remain.

The time to do business here will be the final week of the window, if at all.

What happens if he still doesn’t go though? Do we pay him all year but refuse to play him or do we back down look stupid and have a player who now definitely won’t stay and will probably feel like he doesn’t need to put the effort in because he’s been treated badly.

What happens if he still doesn’t go though? Do we pay him all year but refuse to play him or do we back down look stupid and have a player who now definitely won’t stay and will probably feel like he doesn’t need to put the effort in because he’s been treated badly.

He will still get game time, it will just be clear that we can't prioritise him as an undisputed starter.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back