Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

He will still get game time, it will just be clear that we can't prioritise him as an undisputed starter.
Oh I don’t see how that would bother him tbh if he comes on in the first game and scores or played well we’re going to pick him in the second game aren’t we and there’d be murder if we didn’t. With that type of thing you either have to send a message or not I think half measures will make no difference.

Oh I don’t see how that would bother him tbh if he comes on in the first game and scores or played well we’re going to pick him in the second game aren’t we and there’d be murder if we didn’t. With that type of thing you either have to send a message or not I think half measures will make no difference.

With the way he is currently playing and performing the chances of him doing that are slim. I just don't want us to be two games into the season with little to no points on the board again and another striker situation hanging over us. If we are firm with him about our approach I think he and his team will be less firm with other clubs in regards to wage demands, we will also be less firm with our transfer figure, and a good middle ground all over will be reached. It just needs to get sorted soon. We really can't afford to keep getting dragged into games every pre-season as it's undoubtedly disruptive toward our preparations.

The quiet quit thing is difficult to deal with - club will have to stand firm and drop him if he doesn't want to perform.

Two possible outcomes are that we sell him for a reasonable amount this window/next or lose him on a free but his reputation isn't going to be all that.

….not sure how the club ‘can force’ this. Power is with the players these days, he won’t be benched whilst he’s considered to be the best option. It’s the way things are since Bosman.

Best option is a fine kine though mate, if any player in a Dyche system stops giving that full effort, they then cease to be the best option.

With the way he is currently playing and performing the chances of him doing that are slim. I just don't want us to be two games into the season with little to no points on the board again and another striker situation hanging over us. If we are firm with him about our approach I think he and his team will be less firm with other clubs in regards to wage demands, we will also be less firm with our transfer figure, and a good middle ground all over will be reached. It just needs to get sorted soon. We really can't afford to keep getting dragged into games every pre-season as it's undoubtedly disruptive toward our preparations.
I agree with what you’re saying I just think it’s a lot more difficult than you’re saying I don’t think dom playing 50% of our games and getting paid his full wage will bother him at all he’ll just bide his time and move for less in jan or free in summer and probably be more likely to get the wages he wants it’s not really a power play for the club if it doesn’t bother him.

I agree with what you’re saying I just think it’s a lot more difficult than you’re saying I don’t think dom playing 50% of our games and getting paid his full wage will bother him at all he’ll just bide his time and move for less in jan or free in summer and probably be more likely to get the wages he wants it’s not really a power play for the club if it doesn’t bother him.

I disagree, I think it will bother him a lot. He's getting older now and he's missed c. 2 years of regular football due to injury. I really don't think he will want to risk losing out on more game time.

The wages he wants and the fee we want are directly opposed, the mire he's asking simply put the less we'll get for him. The buying club will do a simple analysis of how much he's worth - the wages as they go higher reduce what they'll be willing to fork over to us.

Given how the club backed him all the way through his injuries just think he's an ungrateful little self obsessed brat tbh - but if you've seen him he is all about appearances

I disagree, I think it will bother him a lot. He's getting older now and he's missed c. 2 years of regular football due to injury. I really don't think he will want to risk losing out on more game time.

On his ego maybe it will do, but depends how much desire he has and how much it's about the pay now

Personally I'd dig our heels in and stop playing him.
You may not have heard of them but there is a piece of paper signed by both club and player.
I think it is called a contract where the club agrees to pay the player and the player agrees to play for and stay with the club for the duration of the contract.

I realise that in Scotland it is done by both parties spitting on their palms and then shaking hands bu it seems to be a little different in England.

Maybe not better though.

You may not have heard of them but there is a piece of paper signed by both club and player.
I think it is called a contract where the club agrees to pay the player and the player agrees to play for and stay with the club for the duration of the contract.

I realise that in Scotland it is done by both parties spitting on their palms and then shaking hands bu it seems to be a little different in England.

Maybe not better though.

Top banter. We have no contractual obligation to play him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back