Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Cool. So your plan to debate is to play hyperbole? When have I insinuated in my comments that dropping DCL would make us prime Milan? I'll give you a hint, I haven't.

I think though it's pretty clear though that his situation is disrupting the club and player, both on and off the field.
wouldnt bother giving him the time of day, he's got his head so far up dcls rectum he can't see the light.

This is a fun game and the options are endless.

"Refuse to sell any of your properties unless some mad Iranian accountant comes calling and offers to buy your properties for 200% of asking price while still letting you live there"

"Appoint a CEO of a large commercial entity who only has experience of running a charity because Unsy said shes a top girl"

"Sign so many number 10s that you have to cast one of them as James in the remake of the technicolour dreamcoat"

Take a chance card.

Deduct 50% of your money for lawn mowers and other operating costs

….sorry, I don’t even know what that means.

Of all the issues the club currently has, the DCL issue is the most important one to address and clarify before the start of the season. On the field it's important because he's been lacklustre for a while (not all his fault due to injury) and we have an unknown quantity in Chermiti (despite me believing he has very good potential) and two poor backups in Beto/Maupay. Mentality wise it is not ideal to have a player in contract limbo. Off the field it's important because it allows us to understand our long term wage and transfer budgets. Are we going to be spending 100k+ on DCL or can we restructure by signing a new player that will be on less, will we get a transfer fee or let them go on a free etc. It's a massive dilemma and it's one that will be more and more disruptive the longer it drags on.

Of all the issues the club currently has, the DCL issue is the most important one to address and clarify before the start of the season. On the field it's important because he's been lacklustre for a while (not all his fault due to injury) and we have an unknown quantity in Chermiti (despite me believing he has very good potential) and two poor backups in Beto/Maupay. Mentality wise it is not ideal to have a player in contract limbo. Off the field it's important because it allows us to understand our long term wage and transfer budgets. Are we going to be spending 100k+ on DCL or can we restructure by signing a new player that will be on less, will we get a transfer fee or let them go on a free etc. It's a massive dilemma and it's one that will be more and more disruptive the longer it drags on.

….of course I understand all of that but the club can’t ’sort it out’ when DCL holds all the cards. Whatever happens is down to the player, he’ll either leave, run his contract down or sign a new deal.

I dare say the club are in contact with the players representatives to try and determine what his intentions are.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back