Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

What’s Gnonto’s success rate? Doesn’t seem to be any other club after him other than us.
Don't know, I'm not a huge fan of Gnonto myself , but he's at least been playing in England for a couple of years and performed at a reasonable level.

Gnonto would be more likely to produce better numbers than some guy from Portugal who hasn't even set foot over here yet

I'm confused regarding your point, are you suggesting Dyche is a better manager than Carlo?

As you well know, I am not doing that.

I honestly didn’t think you’d resort to things such as saying ‘Hoof’ as a summary of an entire way of playing and then the classic ‘so are you saying he’s better than Guardiola then?!’ whenever another manager is used in an argument as a reference point.

My point is simple. If one of the best managers of all time (hope you can read that line) came 10th with a significantly better group of players including James Rodriguez, does Sean Dyche not serve some credit other than ‘HOOF’ for finishing only 11 points less in probably the most chaotic season in our prem history with a far inferior squad?

To add to this, if the best manager in the world assessed these players and thought the best style for them was low block and counter attack. Why do people expect front foot sexy football from Dyche who has considerably worse resources at his disposal?

Amazing what a good manager can do for a team.

Somebody who's tactics involve more than HOOF.

That is all we did under Carlo :lol: :lol: :lol:

The narrative among fans was that our players were incapable of playing football and weren’t capable of being taught how to, and all we could do was hoof it, so he had no choice but to play that way.

Of all the issues the club currently has, the DCL issue is the most important one to address and clarify before the start of the season. On the field it's important because he's been lacklustre for a while (not all his fault due to injury) and we have an unknown quantity in Chermiti (despite me believing he has very good potential) and two poor backups in Beto/Maupay. Mentality wise it is not ideal to have a player in contract limbo. Off the field it's important because it allows us to understand our long term wage and transfer budgets. Are we going to be spending 100k+ on DCL or can we restructure by signing a new player that will be on less, will we get a transfer fee or let them go on a free etc. It's a massive dilemma and it's one that will be more and more disruptive the longer it drags on.
I think the few hundred million we owe numerous debtors is slightly more of a priority than DCL contract negotiations

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back