Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

….of course I understand all of that but the club can’t ’sort it out’ when DCL holds all the cards. Whatever happens is down to the player, he’ll either leave, run his contract down or sign a new deal.

I dare say the club are in contact with the players representatives to try and determine what his intentions are.

I think we hold some cards and can reduce our asking fee. It's all about give and take on both sides really.

Amazing what a good manager can do for a team.

Somebody who's tactics involve more than HOOF.

Probably the best manager of all time.

James, Richarlison, Allan, Bernard, Siggurdson Digne, Gomes, Mina, Gordon Kean, fully fit DCL in squad

10th - 59 points

Incredible how a dinosaur who just hoofs it managed only 11 points less (also accounting for confidence loss of 2 points deductions) than probably the best manager of all time (and I’m being serious in my view on Carlo, he’s absolutely brilliant - but if he’s got all those really good players and is coming 10th with 59 points and had to revert to 4 CBs at the back and counter attack football, why are people slamming Dyche and his style for 48 points when he has the likes of McNeil Harrison Garner to work with (and they’re some of the better ones)

Probably the best manager of all time.

James, Richarlison, Allan, Bernard, Siggurdson Digne, Gomes, Mina, Gordon Kean, fully fit DCL in squad

10th - 59 points

Incredible how a dinosaur who just hoofs it managed only 11 points less (also accounting for confidence loss of 2 points deductions) than probably the best manager of all time (and I’m being serious in my view on Carlo, he’s absolutely brilliant - but if he’s got all those really good players and is coming 10th with 59 points and had to revert to 4 CBs at the back and counter attack football, why are people slamming Dyche and his style for 48 points when he has the likes of McNeil Harrison Garner to work with (and they’re some of the better ones)
Carlo gave up when we didn't back him for having us 2nd at Xmas.

Give me a shout if T-Rex ever does that.

Carlo gave up when we didn't back him for having us 2nd at Xmas.

Give me a shout if T-Rex ever does that.

If T-Rex had given up the first second we didn’t back him then we’d have been relegated and the club would probably have been wound up by now.

The best manager in the world gave one of Everton’s best PL squads about 7 games of playing football before he just thought ‘nah this lot are crap’ and instructed them to play 4 CBs, sit deep, Siggurdson behind Iwobi upfront at times, and just play on the counter. He knew how poor some of those players really were and how unbalanced that squad was and that squad was miles and miles better than what Dyche has had to deal with.

If T-Rex had given up the first second we didn’t back him then we’d have been relegated and the club would probably have been wound up by now.

The best manager in the world gave one of Everton’s best PL squads about 7 games of playing football before he just thought ‘nah this lot are crap’ and instructed them to play 4 CBs, sit deep, Siggurdson behind Iwobi upfront at times, and just play on the counter. He knew how poor some of those players really were and how unbalanced that squad was and that squad was miles and miles better than what Dyche has had to deal with.
I'm confused regarding your point, are you suggesting Dyche is a better manager than Carlo?

There are deals out there. Forest getting a winger with good return and 2 senior Portugal caps last year for half of what we’re reportedly being quoted for Gnonto.

Absolutely no guarantee that translates to the English game though is there?

in fact, I'd say there is probably a 25% success rate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back