Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I love Richarlison but we have to move on mate, his time is past here. If you followed last season he’s started to pick up injuries, not surprising the way he played, but for the return Spurs are looking for on their investment, it’s bad business for us.

There may come a time, when he’s value, I’m thinking a loan or an nominal fee and we might look at it for a year or two, but it’s not now or his next move. We shouldn’t be investing what Spurs would want for him and what he’s looking for in wages.
Just send them 'Dele' as part of the deal, I'd love to have him back..

Would you do it we got £30 mill, him and swap Branthwaite.
Tough one that is, cos we couldn't replace Branthwaite for £30mill. Or at all given his quality and being a leftie, going by last season he's only gonna get better as well. whereas my love for Richarlison could be taken away from me if he came back a different player.

Can't you just let us have them both...

Would you do it we got £30 mill, him and swap Branthwaite.

No, purely because you can probably get a lot more than 30m + what Richy would sell for by hanging onto Jarrod another year.

Richy right now is a 30-35m player tops, it's why he'll either end up loaned out or sold cut price by spurs. My guess is loan this year with the intention to sell him next

Their hope was to offload him to Saudi due to them being paying way above market price.

Keep Jarrod, loan Richy, job done.

The likelihood of Richie coming back on loan is virtually nil, but...his chances at spurs are gonna be even more limited, I suppose stranger things have happened......

Richarlison is a good all round player and I admire his attitude but he’s not quite a winger, not quite a striker and not really a 10, it’s Graham Stuart syndrome.

He did well for us but didn’t prevent us from being in the dogfight & for that kind of money?

Think Richy is made for a 3 up front as the side left forward mate.

Actually feel our squad atm is way better suited to a 3-4-3 than what we play also.

Funny enough I think Lindstrom is exactly the same as Richy only on the other side, best he's played was the wide right forward in a 3-4-3

No, purely because you can probably get a lot more than 30m + what Richy would sell for by hanging onto Jarrod another year.

Richy right now is a 30-35m player tops, it's why he'll either end up loaned out or sold cut price by spurs. My guess is loan this year with the intention to sell him next

Their hope was to offload him to Saudi due to them being paying way above market price.

Keep Jarrod, loan Richy, job done.
If Branthwaite was sold next season I'd definitely buy Richy back for £30 million provided he was realistic in his wage demands.
Having a talismanic player like him at BMD would be fantastic.

Unsworth literally was gone for about 3 days before coming back, Piennar was a very good decision as he was still top quality for us after.

Del was because he was actually a buns off seat player, Rooney was due to losing him so young - but loads didn't want him back either, as for Barkley I genuinely don't know one blue who wanted it wants him back.

Rodriguez is for me the strangest situation, think a huge amount is due to COVID and never getting the chance to see him play live.

The club has had decent value from the Gueye transfer as well. Selling him at the peak of his value and then getting him back a few seasons later for 2 mill. He’s been in the first team for the last two seasons.

It all depends on the value in the deal. Were not spending 35 mill on Richarlison like we did when he was a 23 year old but if a loan was possible there’s no doubt he’s a good attacking option that can score double figures from out wide in the premier league. How often can you get one of them on loan? For what it’s worth I don’t think we’ll be loaning him anyway and I expect him to play a lot for Spurs this season and do well.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back