Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I haven't seen enough yet.

I feel people are going way overboard for a player yet to score a PL goal tho.

Bum? I doubt it, but I don't see him making it here.
That’s fair. Disagree on your conclusion about him making it here though. Think Dyche is pretty keen on the lad & he’ll get the chance with the competition he has.

I haven't seen enough yet.

I feel people are going way overboard for a player yet to score a PL goal tho.

Bum? I doubt it, but I don't see him making it here.
I liked what I saw at the end of last season but I agree with you people have gone overboard about him he's 20 and we paid quite big money we shouldn't be surprised that he's not totally useless.

Interesting Brighton are starting to pay fairly pay big fees for players these days...wonder if they've had a shift in strategy.

Past 2 window have seen 30+ mil players come through the door and with with this Rutter bid its something we haven't really seen from them, especially given he's utter pony.
Shows that brighton strategy is heavily depending on luck...they have been lucky with their signings making a lot of money...now they have to pay the big bucks for players that may or may not have resale on value...

….young players need to earn game time, they’ll force their way into things if they are good enough.
I liked what I saw at the end of last season but I agree with you people have gone overboard about him he's 20 and we paid quite big money we shouldn't be surprised that he's not totally useless.
It would be best for his career if he got a good loan somewhere.

Instead he will spend all season behind DCL and Beto again.

He had a wasted season last year, 5 minutes off the bench is not gonna improve him and we will probably do the same this season.

Young players need games to improve.
Also the manager plays a big part in it, and I can't see this fella changing much if Lewin doesn't go it leaves the lad on the bench, until we are getting beat.

….young players need to earn game time, they’ll force their way into things if they are good enough.

That first bit is true unless Dyche really does see him as being ahead of Beto this season. Think there’s evidence that’s the way it’s going.

Good news on Philips and good to see them appear to be learning from the mistakes of old. This would have probably been an easy transfer for us but also a wrong one.

He probably would have got more opportunities if we hadn’t have been battling relegation the whole season thanks to a 10 point deduction and another one hanging over us. I’m hoping this season we’ll see more players given opportunities if we can get ourselves away from the scrap at the bottom.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back