Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Keep gambling on a short squad until you starting getting a "few" serious injuries...if we end up going into a season with only 4 central midfield players, one untested at this level (tim), and another one that doesn't really suit in that central duo (doucs), 3 wingers, with 2 of them not really wingers...what can go wrong? Hoping we do not get an easy run in the cups cause priorities is the league with our squad size and quality.

Keep gambling on a short squad until you starting getting a "few" serious injuries...if we end up going into a season with only 4 central midfield players, one untested at this level (tim), and another one that doesn't really suit in that central duo (doucs), 3 wingers, with 2 of them not really wingers...what can go wrong?
If we do actually end up with that, I bet we'll offer Dele a new deal 😬

Going to be the same old story: struggle for goals.
Of course.
You have a managers whose first, second, third, and fourth priority is defend.
A starting CF who can't score goals, a back-up CF who can't score goals.
Wingers who don't score goals.
A midfield that's can pass or create goals.
Our most clinical finisher is our 4th choice CB.

It will be a slog.

i still think we'll maybe bring on one more loan. But everything else depends on sales and no one wants our cast offs.
Ignoing DCL and Beto for a moment, Keane and Maupay are probably our most sellable assets. Both have prem experience and aren't completely terrible but Holgate is shockingly bad, why would anyone want him?

Not much we can do if there is little to no money. Minteh for example cost more than Ndiaye, Timmy and Lindstom loan fee together.
and based on the usually reliable sources, we believed we were making headway with Leeds and Gnonto but they kept moving the goalposts. Again the club has a limited budget and learned after last summer to just move on.

O'Brien
Ndiaye
Iroegbunam
Lindstrom (loan)

From the links to Gnonto, Asprilla and Minteh...it's disappointing.
If thats it - O'Brien strikes me as a bit of a weird decision in terms of a priority position for a big fee, the supporting two may not be elite quality but we had four centre half's did we really need a fifth as a priority.

We are more light in other positions in my opinion.

Nothing against Jake, but i just found it weird we spend a big sum on that position

Now that JT is in for the club, let's pull on that link for Ernest Nuamah and (if we can't get anyone else in) Mangala. Latter wouldn't be my choice but both play for Lyon and they are looking to get rid of both.

If thats it - O'Brien strikes me as a bit of a weird decision in terms of a priority position for a big fee, the supporting two may not be elite quality but we had four centre half's did we really need a fifth as a priority.

We are more light in other positions in my opinion.

Nothing against Jake, but i just found it weird we spend a big sum on that position

It’s because the team is built on having a solid defence first and Holgate / Keane can and will single handily lose you games.

Them being in the team just isn’t an option.

My guess if we 'go with what we've got' is that Doucoure gets used more as a CM as opposed to a CAM this season and Dele gets added to the pool of players to play CAM. Far from ideal.
Yeah, I think the plan is obviously to drop Doucoure into CM, so Tim and Doucoure can replace Onana. I think they will take a CM loan if they do it but they see the two of them as an able replacement, with either Ndiaye, Harrison or Lindstrom taking Doucoure's spot.

I still think barring sales we bring in one loan at a minimum, and maybe one cheap signing. But as always Kev will be opportunistic and only pull the trigger if its a deal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.