Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

As much as I think Young is too old to be a starter, he still offers more than those two.

More concerned about Myko mate.

Just think its an odd position to have spent limited resources on - given numbers wise anyway - we are fully stocked there.

Id say it prob came down to the spare two's contracts.

But if we have 5 centre backs in the squad come the 1st of Sep - we've made bad decisions in squad planning in my opinion.

Last edited:
More concerned about Myko mate.

Just think its an odd position to have spent limited resources on given, numbers wise anyway we are fully stocked.

Id say it prob came down the spare twos contracts.

But if we have 5 centre backs in the squad come the 1st of Sep - we've made bad decisions in squad planning in my opinion.
100% has been poor planning in several areas of the pitch has been lack of long term planning. Id like to see us looking at a lb this season in a younger profile who we can build up as a 3rd choice to be behind myko and young but given chances in the cup ect

It’s because the team is built on having a solid defence first and Holgate / Keane can and will single handily lose you games.

Them being in the team just isn’t an option.
Holgy and Keano can double up as deputies at both full back roles so that's all covered without spending a penny. Sorted. See it say it sort it.
And can offer years of experience. It's called strength in depth. Feel the quality not the quantity.

Nuamah would be an exciting signing. No way Textor completes a takeover before deadline day though, if he does at all.
Oh, no chance. But his other club want rid. If we are looking for a young, pacy winger and Textor is in talks for buying club, there should be a conversation to be had. They are in dialogue anyway and both parties would benefit from such a deal.

Not much we can do if there is little to no money. Minteh for example cost more than Ndiaye, Timmy and Lindstom loan fee together.

Dobbin paid for Iroegbunam

Onana for O'Brien, Ndiaye and the Lindstrom loan

There must be some extra funds there as the Gnonto links at £25mil+ cant suddenly drop down to O'Brien only at £17mil.

If thats it - O'Brien strikes me as a bit of a weird decision in terms of a priority position for a big fee, the supporting two may not be elite quality but we had four centre half's did we really need a fifth as a priority.

We are more light in other positions in my opinion.

Nothing against Jake, but i just found it weird we spend a big sum on that position

They must have really wanted O'Brien.

Yeah, I think the plan is obviously to drop Doucoure into CM, so Tim and Doucoure can replace Onana. I think they will take a CM loan if they do it but they see the two of them as an able replacement, with either Ndiaye, Harrison or Lindstrom taking Doucoure's spot.

I still think barring sales we bring in one loan at a minimum, and maybe one cheap signing. But as always Kev will be opportunistic and only pull the trigger if its a deal.

Disappointing thing is we havent sold Doucoure, DCL, Holgate or Keane. All players coming to the end of their deals.

Oh, no chance. But his other club want rid. If we are looking for a young, pacy winger and Textor is in talks for buying club, there should be a conversation to be had. They are in dialogue anyway and both parties would benefit from such a deal.
You're right we definitely should be asking the question. Most likely depends how confident Textor is in the takeover happening. We will need him to help us out with the structure of the deal to get it done which he'll only do if he feels sure the takeover will go ahead.

Interestingly Nuamah was initially signed to Molenbeek (another club in Textors portfolio) and never played a minute for them. Straight to Lyon on loan to who then signed him permanently the year after. Good PSR workaround for Lyon, maybe he could do the same for us?

Rumour lyon want both out

Within a month?

That's perhaps true, but the club has attempted to add players that will help with our attack.

Its a little odd to have such links and then nothing similar.

You're right we definitely should be asking the question. Most likely depends how confident Textor is in the takeover happening. We will need him to help us out with the structure of the deal to get it done which he'll only do if he feels sure the takeover will go ahead.

Interestingly Nuamah was initially signed to Molenbeek (another club in Textors portfolio) and never played a minute for them. Straight to Lyon on loan to who then signed him permanently the year after. Good PSR workaround for Lyon, maybe he could do the same for us?

A Belgian club, large French and Brazilian clubs is pretty much ideal if they were to send talent through to us -- which hes said he would do with Botafogo.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.