Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

He’s right though, we lack quantity and quality in certain areas. Couldn’t be less to do with Xmas presents.
They're both right if we look at what we'd want ideally then its not a great window because we haven't got it all but if we look at it realistically we were never going to. Its hard to judge windows for us because what we want and we can actually get are miles apart if the clubs aim was to come out of the window with a squad that can stay out of serious trouble then they'd probably say they've done it and so its a good window but of course as fans we want the aim to be more than that.

Back in 2019.

If we are silly enough to offer him a contract this is like a former chairman decision based on sentiment. The reality is that he has been on a free since 30 June and no club dares to make an offer. This speaks it all.
...or maybe just trust Dyche/Thelwell? that's personally what I'm choosing to do.

The lad's very highly thought of and is a good age, but I notice his stats (bar tackling are very poor). Anyone seen much of him?

…..yep, @bluestevon messaged me after the Roma game at the weekend and asked me what I thought of Bove’s cameo and I thought he looked impressive, clearly likes a tackle. Perhaps transition planning for Gueye.

I’m sure he won’t mind me sharing, but he said he’s been watching the player with interest since Mourinho praised him;

‘From Mourinho after they lost 2-0 to Prague.

But today the best player in our team – the only one I really liked because he gave everything technically, tactically and mentally – was a 20-year-old kid who wasn’t even in the first team two years ago.
We had one player who played with legs, body and mind – just one. When you have 11 players on the pitch and only one like that, you can’t win.

‘The only player who didn’t deserve to lose was [Edoardo] Bove. Everyone else, myself included, deserved to lose.’

…..yep, @bluestevon messaged me after the Roma game at the weekend and asked me what I thought of Bove’s cameo and I thought he looked impressive, clearly likes a tackle. Perhaps transition planning for Gueye.

I’m sure he won’t mind me sharing, but he said he’s been watching the player with interest since Mourinho praised him;

‘From Mourinho after they lost 2-0 to Prague.

But today the best player in our team – the only one I really liked because he gave everything technically, tactically and mentally – was a 20-year-old kid who wasn’t even in the first team two years ago.
We had one player who played with legs, body and mind – just one. When you have 11 players on the pitch and only one like that, you can’t win.

‘The only player who didn’t deserve to lose was [Edoardo] Bove. Everyone else, myself included, deserved to lose.’
Let's hope it's true then. DiMarzio, so not holding out much hope.

Bove seems a similar type of player, to Jens Cajuste (another player we are currently being linked with). As I watch very little Italian football , is my opening statement accurate , and if so , who is the better player ?.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.