Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Tierney is a really good player, i wanted us to sign him from Celtic.

Plays at LB where we are short, and CB, which gives us more cover and potentially allows us to move Keane on which would hopefully go towards covering the fee.

For the right price, i think its a good move.
Same prefer a loan and is a risk with his injury record but would give us lb cover not sure he would come be second choice.
Right back situation: did we ever enquire about Calvin Ramsey at Liverpool?

Went to Wigan on loan this summer after a terrible time with injuries.

IIRC - and the Scottish lads will verify this or not - he had a very good reputation at Aberdeen, which is why Liverpool jumped in for him.

We defo need reinforcements there and a loan deal for him might have worked out.
Prefer kabore at city may get him on loan or a low down payment to start off with. Also baku at Wolfsburg at rb/rm last year of contract

Exactly what I thought.

He passes the eye test for sure, when I looked him up statistically after he got initially linked start of the summer, basically he is almost as perfect a match for what Dyche wants his cm to be able to do, great engine, none stop pressing, defensively sound, even got what Dyche stated the other day about being able to receive the ball on the half turn and distribute it quick.

For the price and potential it's an absolute no brainer decision this.

Dunno mate, one thing Mourinho still knows is a combative centre mid and he really rated the lad.

"Michael deserved the honour of captaining Everton. He is a professional guy, dedicated, and really cares about this club," Ancelotti wrote in his programme notes.

"He has improved, I think, in the past year and is consistently at a good level."

Thats Carlo Ancelotti praising Michael Keane.

Managers words are meaningless mate.

The boy Bove looks a talent, might be a bit lightweight for this league, but im not against it.

I think the league has changed a lot in the last 5 years, there are loads of small technical players playing here now. Nobody plays physical agricultural football anymore, apart from us. I don’t think you need to be a 6’5” basketball player to be a central midfielder in this league anymore, that was sort of a 2010s thing.

….Gueye is about 11st dripping wet, so I suppose he could cope. I do agree with comments that he appears to go to ground a lot but he seems to know his job in the team.
Football isnt about size, its about how you use your body.

We all had those little short arses back in the day that would fight like Jack Russells for every ball.

Anyway, ive watched a few vids about this Bove, I have no idea of what he is, he just looks like he can play.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back