Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I dont think we will have a great season and not going to really defend dyche because i thought got it wrong the lineup subs ect. I dont think will be massive change but yesterday we did have alot of the spine of the team not playing branthwaite garner both who would inprove the team. And 100% agree we need add pace to this team is why think we need see atleast 3 come in. Another winger rb and a cm would love a lb aswell if possible and just try and spread money where we can to get it done.

Injuries part of the game eh.

We got lucky last season with them.

Most teams have some depth - we don't.

But we don't have pace at full back either.

You want Coleman/Young or Mykolenko flying forward?
Why do we have to play with fullbacks? Or alternatively, he knew we only had Young available why not give Dixon a run out against Roma - a fast young energetic player with pace to burn who is a right back.

sometimes things like this happen and you give a player and chance and they take that opportunity to shine. But no PL experience so that’s a write off

he’s trying to fit square pegs in round holes instead of trying to find alternatives. The obsession to play one way only has impeded his development as a manger.

He’s organised, gets teams fit but is so tactically inept it’s scary

But they are both horrific managers also.

Our last 3 have been VERY bad.

Maybe the team is also VERY bad.

Look at it;

1723977062819.webp

Put any hipster manager you want in.

Put Ndiaye and Lindstrom in.

Put Branthwaite in.

Hope we don't get ANY injuries.

And it's still crap.

Why do we have to play with fullbacks? Or alternatively, he knew we only had Young available why not give Dixon a run out against Roma - a fast young energetic player with pace to burn who is a right back.

sometimes things like this happen and you give a player and chance and they take that opportunity to shine. But no PL experience so that’s a write off

he’s trying to fit square pegs in round holes instead of trying to find alternatives. The obsession to play one way only has impeded his development as a manger.

He’s organised, gets teams fit but is so tactically inept it’s scary

Some interesting views.

Let's see your starting 11 to go to Spurs away?

Both at their best, centrally apparently.

We need pace out wide.

Mykolenko has only come on/most improved player under Dyche because Dyche has made us so defensive that it covers his game and the fact we have no other right back to come in tells you that this team is what it is.

Both at there best as wide forwards/ams mate

Some interesting views.

Let's see your starting 11 to go to Spurs away?
I mean it’s pretty pointless doing a starting 11 for 2 reasons

1. We know what Dyche will play

2. For a team to be flexible in how they approach games it’s taught on the training pitch and preseason. But given we have one way of playing and didn’t bother doing any tactical work till the start of August it’s pretty unlikely that they would be able to adapt to a new way of playing in the space of 5 days

I’m sure more fitness training will be on the cards this week though

That's why I don't like the DOF model. I dont think you'll ever find that perfect alignment.

But we have a DOF in place so it makes no sense to let the manager dictate recruitment.

As for the O Brien signing, it goes right up there in the most frustrating and baffling Everton signings of the last decade. I'm not saying the lad will be a bad player and he obviously deserves a chance. But it was just such a bad use of limited resources and the complete opposite of a priority signing.

I really am fed up with our constant failure to address the goal problem. This recruitment team clearly are not recognising the problem and this manager is clearly not capable of improving our attack.

Tim here's the thing, what striker could we sign that would suit a Dyche system AND be banging in 15-20 goals.

And how much would this player who can play a target man, hold it up and be lethal cost us?

Both at there best as wide forwards/ams mate

Sheff Utd fans told me he's best central. Also;

1723977271099.webp

"He could either play as a striker, supporting striker, winger on either flanks, or behind the striker as a 10. However, the position we have seen Ndiaye the most is in the central areas either as a centre-forward in a 4-3-3 or a centre-forward in a two man strike partnership. His pace and his quick feet is largely seen as a problem solving tool in attack. " [Link]

This fella reckons Lindstrom is also best central. He said the same to the BBC.

Never seen either play apart from NDiaye yesterday so no clue.

I wonder if the odds would change if we didn't have the worst manager in the league?

Could it be that the bookies know this?

A manager who plays for a 0-0 doesn't really give you a chance.
I have stopped calling for him to be sacked.

Did it two seasons ago, then last season, and was taken apart for daring to be so, oh what was the word @Moomin used?

Well, he got what he wanted, another season of dinosaur Sean, so now he can enjoy it without my obstinance.

I mean it’s pretty pointless doing a starting 11 for 2 reasons

1. We know what Dyche will play

2. For a team to be flexible in how they approach games it’s taught on the training pitch and preseason. But given we have one way of playing and didn’t bother doing any tactical work till the start of August it’s pretty unlikely that they would be able to adapt to a new way of playing in the space of 5 days

I’m sure more fitness training will be on the cards this week though

Everything on here is pointless.

I'm intrigued as to what 11 you'd have that doesn't require full backs and would give us pace/improvement to go to Spurs to get us a result.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back