Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I disagree strongly.

And we will only know when Dyche is sacked and replaced by a decent manager.

You disagree strongly that we're crap?

Ok....

And both things can be true.

Yes we have a pretty bad squad, lacking in any quality above 2 or 3 players.

Compare our starting 11 with every other team in the prem, and 3/4 clubs max would have more Everton players than opposition,

If we had Glasner he would start both Ndiaye and Lindstrom as AMs in the same vein that he did with Olise and Eze. We would be far better on the attack and actually look good. Dyche would never do that though because he's tactically not as good in that respect. He only knows how to do one thing.

I just didn’t understand spending half the money we had on a 3rd/4th choice central defender. Could have easily loaned in or got on a free an experienced Prem defender better than Keane. Lots of Ben Mee types about to sit on the bench.

Because Lyon probs my took hardly anything up front and we are one united bid of the right amount away from then having no time to replace and having to play Keane or Holgate until January.

Hell imagine if one of the starters broke down or both and we had a run of games with Keane and holgate starting.

Bare minimum he's starting next season anyways.

I disagree strongly.

And we will only know when Dyche is sacked and replaced by a decent manager.
Nor do I think the squad is terrible; it ain't great by any stretch of the imagination and lack of depth in some areas is worrying, but it's manageable.

Let's be fair to Dyche, he's kept us up in the last two seasons even though our finances have been shambolic, and I think he will do the same again.

But he's frustrating as hell, because for all the need for being solid and robust, you can also use what you've got far more wisely and efficiently than he does.

He had players to use yesterday, and he didn't; he has the opportunity to make adjustments and refinements yet maintain his ethos, but he doesn't.

The issue is that we won't be sacking Dyche any time soon unless we're in the real mire, because there's nobody to do it and the uncertainty over ownership.

Anyway, to transfers... the right back situation not being dealt with AGAIN, is negligent at best.

Ndiaye definitely is, but Lindstrom had some success playing on the flanks.

But pace is pace, especially those that are comfortable running with the ball. It simply makes the opposition question what the player will do

you have McNeil running at you can literally force him onto his right foot and you either win it or the ball is going backwards

Lindstrom has never had success playing on the flanks, in both previous clubs to Napoli he played on the right of a 3

Nor do I think the squad is terrible; it ain't great by any stretch of the imagination and lack of depth in some areas is worrying, but it's manageable.

Let's be fair to Dyche, he's kept us up in the last two seasons even though our finances have been shambolic, and I think he will do the same again.

But he's frustrating as hell, because for all the need for being solid and robust, you can also use what you've got far more wisely and efficiently than he does.

He had players to use yesterday, and he didn't; he has the opportunity to make adjustments and refinements yet maintain his ethos, but he doesn't.

The issue is that we won't be sacking Dyche any time soon unless we're in the real mire, because there's nobody to do it and the uncertainty over ownership.

Anyway, to transfers... the right back situation not being dealt with AGAIN, is negligent at best.
I don’t think the squad is manageable. We don’t have PL quality at RB or LB. We only have 3 PL quality CB. CM we are thin. And attacking, well bugger me.

We need to find two good loans, a biggish purchase and kids to flourish.

We do not have a PL strength squad

Well it’s not pointless because a new shape and a way of playing requires work in the training ground.

But I can tell you how we’ll play under Dyche

Me too.

Hence naming the 11 before the game and how we'd play.

But you're the one saying theres alternatives which is why I've been trying to understand what that is and what you'd like to see Vs Spurs.

It's easy to find fault. Less so to find solutions.

I think the squad we have dictates what we see.

That’s what I meant, rather than an out and out winger but more of an inside forward.

The obsession with the fanbase of having touchline wingers is bizarre
Not a touchline winger but like they had yesterday brighton would love a winger who has that lace to beat a man. Be direct and pace, all yeaterday was harrison slowing the game down cutting in mcneil not much of anything. That and well even put a first time cross in

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back