Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Imagine if he tried something different.

Dyche, like last season, as convinced this fanbase with his extremely poor approach to games, like of imagination and ideas and a sole focus on don’t concede.

Thewell needs to take the decision out of his hands and try and force the sale of players like Holgate, Keane, Doucoure and remove them from his plan
That’s the things isn’t it ..

If he had started Obrein , Ndiaya and lindstrom and we had the same result … we would all be disappointed but would understand that we have 4 new signings and things will take a little time to gel.

At least we could get behind the idea , the game plan, the vision etc… but now we are all fuming and rightfully so, that our manger is as stubborn as koeman and has the tactically know how of Mike walker … he already has us reaching for the bleach and his post match interview was as deluded as bobby brown shoes .

Right now we have a hybrid of walker, koeman and bobby … and not their positive traits either

Maybe I'm horrificly misremembering but I can't remember the last academy prospect to come in and drop an absolute 0/10 in their first couple games. Generally they up their games on debut, going back to when we threw Galloway, Browning, Pennington or Garbutt in for a few games. Kenny wasn't a great footballer but he was alright at first
Same.

I just don’t understand the reluctance to play or have them in the squad ahead of the dross we know are done here.

The young lads get a bit less grief from the normally harsh fans and give us something to get behind, even the most basic passes are well cheered and any little mistakes are more easily forgiven, plus they give a little more effort imo than they would normally.

Happened with Tim yesterday, and he grew into the game; Dobbin got great support because he showed effort and graft, and a bit of direct pace.

Happened with all the lads you mentioned.

Unless they have an Absolute shocker it’s a no brainer.

Plus the manager gets less stick from us, or he would from me and many around me.

Baffles me.

I will argue til I’m blue in the face that I would sooner have a kid from the u21s or u18s adding depth to our first team, or even starting a game for us, like Dixon at rb due to injuries, than have the lies of absolutely finished footballers like Keane, holgate and young being selected and used when they are proven liabilities.

I’ve said it under every single manager we’ve had, and I don’t trust them to decide who is ready for first team football when they have the front to select these busted flush wage thieves.

I would genuinely sooner see them sit in the reserves and take their ridiculous wages than ever play in the royal blue again

There is absolutely no reason for O’Brien, Ndiaye or lindstrom not starting the game yesterday, aside from the arrogance of the manager.

Amen.. 🙏

That selection from dyche yesterday has put me in the dyche out camp. That’s not knee jerk , I have always given him the benefit of the doubt as I have always thought his stubbornness in selections was down to him having no options . But with doucs starting as number 10 again and Keane and young in the side … I have now realised that he is just a crap manager and wouldn’t know a decent player if he had one .

They do, all the time, Mykolenko did it loads on Saturday, especially in the first half, it didn’t come to anything because he can’t cross a ball. It made loads of space for McNeil who also couldn’t put a decent cross in. I watched Harrison bring down the ball and Young go past him loads of times. Young ballooned about 4 crosses onto the roof of the net and Harrison floated another three out of play. This was all in the first 20 minutes or so.

I’m not debating with anyone that we didn’t play badly yesterday, that Dyche didn’t get it wrong, or that the players weren’t very poor, but there’s just no need for these absolute statements that just aren’t true half the time.
Our fullbacks don't properly overlap. They don't drive to the byline and they cross appallingly from deep (if at all) with little interchange in play with the man in front of them. It isn't proper overlapping and it isn't worked on. It's static and slow.

Amen.. 🙏

That selection from dyche yesterday has put me in the dyche out camp. That’s not knee jerk , I have always given him the benefit of the doubt as I have always thought his stubbornness in selections was down to him having no options . But with doucs starting as number 10 again and Keane and young in the side … I have now realised that he is just a crap manager and wouldn’t know a decent player if he had one .

Yup I can imagine him watching Doucoure and Ndiaye in training and screaming 'what you doing Ndiaye, control it like Doucs!'

Then screaming at Lindstrom 'no, no, no, look how Dwight does it, yeah only use the one foot, turn in field and go backwards, now gob all over your shirt' - 'good lad!'

Our fullbacks don't properly overlap. They don't drive to the byline and they cross appallingly from deep (if at all) with little interchange in play with the man in front of them. It isn't proper overlapping and it isn't worked on. It's static and slow.

When they do overlap you see how slow they are as we invariably get hurt on the counter - we got bailed out massively last season by Branthwaite and Tarks covering one v one on wingers

Well now it’s gone from they never overlap to they don’t overlap effectively.

They both got to byline multiple times yesterday and put the worst balls in you’ll ever see. I fully agree they do not overlap effectively but no one is standing there barking instructions at them not to cross the half way line, or not to link play. This just isn’t happening. All of Young Mykolenko and Coleman have terrible crosses on them. Can put them in whatever position you want (and we did yesterday) they just can’t cross a ball.

Amen.. 🙏

I genuinely thought he would have remembered sticking with Keane at the expense of branthwaite at the start of last season, and the terrible run we had, plus the relative lack of minutes for Keane pre season, once we signed O’Brien, would mean the likes of yesterday were over.

I’m dreading to think of the line up he will select against spurs.

Well now it’s gone from they never overlap to they don’t overlap effectively.

They both got to byline multiple times yesterday and put the worst balls in you’ll ever see. I fully agree they do not overlap effectively but no one is standing there barking instructions at them not to cross the half way line, or not to link play. This just isn’t happening. All of Young Mykolenko and Coleman have terrible crosses on them. Can put them in whatever position you want (and we did yesterday) they just can’t cross a ball.
Okay mate. You support big Sean all you want, but this is on him and negative instructions to FBs and wingers. You can still get something out of bad players if you coach them. He does not coach attacking play, plain and simple.

Okay mate. You support big Sean all you want, but this is on him and negative instructions to FBs and wingers. You can still get something out of bad players if you coach them. He does not coach attacking play, plain and simple.

Well there’s the classic reversion tactic of because I’ve pointed out a fact that disputes what you’d like to claim you just throw out ‘support big Sean all you want’.

The level of my support for Dyche has nothing to do with the facial accuracy of whether Everton full backs cross the halfway line or not. A lot of people keep saying they don’t or are instructed not to but yesterday showed it’s just not true.

Well there’s the classic reversion tactic of because I’ve pointed out a fact that disputes what you’d like to claim you just throw out ‘support big Sean all you want’.

The level of my support for Dyche has nothing to do with the facial accuracy of whether Everton full backs cross the halfway line or not. A lot of people keep saying they don’t or are instructed not to but yesterday showed it’s just not true.
You do realise that overlapping is a tactic? A tactic that involves moving into space to act as a trigger for forward players to move into positions of space themselves? It is designed to create angles of play and move the opposition around. And often involves a sudden burst from the FB rather than meandering forward.

It is not abut merely crossing the halfway line and occasionally hitting hopeful crosses from deep. When we criticise Dyche for keeping his FBs back, it is because that is his no 1 priority and he clearly doesn't work on attacking shape and chance creation. That is a very negative way to use full backs. It does not mean that they literally do not cross the halfway line, though it often feels that way.

That’s the things isn’t it ..

If he had started Obrein , Ndiaya and lindstrom and we had the same result … we would all be disappointed but would understand that we have 4 new signings and things will take a little time to gel.

At least we could get behind the idea , the game plan, the vision etc… but now we are all fuming and rightfully so, that our manger is as stubborn as koeman and has the tactically know how of Mike walker … he already has us reaching for the bleach and his post match interview was as deluded as bobby brown shoes .

Right now we have a hybrid of walker, koeman and bobby … and not their positive traits either
So you seriously think if hed have started the new players and got beat 3 0 all the sympathetic souls in here would have said ahh well at least he tried something new lets get right behind the vision? Im pretty sure that would not be the case.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.