Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

So you seriously think if hed have started the new players and got beat 3 0 all the sympathetic souls in here would have said ahh well at least he tried something new lets get right behind the vision? Im pretty sure that would not be the case.

So essentially he's immune from criticism for who he selects then.

So you seriously think if hed have started the new players and got beat 3 0 all the sympathetic souls in here would have said ahh well at least he tried something new lets get right behind the vision? Im pretty sure that would not be the case.
Any manager (not just Dyche) who has mentioned a lack of creativity and quality in the final third in the season before, following which an attempt has been made to bring replacements in to resolve the issue, and then doesn’t play those people resulting in a loss is always going to be called out for inconsistent decision making. This is then followed up by his reference to not having any PL experience, the criticism (albeit for that one game) is justified.

If he had played them and still been beaten, he may well have been criticised, just not to the same extent in my opinion.

That’s the things isn’t it ..

If he had started Obrein , Ndiaya and lindstrom and we had the same result … we would all be disappointed but would understand that we have 4 new signings and things will take a little time to gel.

At least we could get behind the idea , the game plan, the vision etc… but now we are all fuming and rightfully so, that our manger is as stubborn as koeman and has the tactically know how of Mike walker … he already has us reaching for the bleach and his post match interview was as deluded as bobby brown shoes .

Right now we have a hybrid of walker, koeman and bobby … and not their positive traits either
That’s not true at all when things go wrong the manager will get blamed that’s just how it is but that would happen whatever it was that went wrong. If he’d played all the new players and we’d lost 3 0 people would be saying what was he thinking throwing them all in they clearly weren’t ready there was no chemistry and stuff like that. When we sign new players and play them straight away but they don’t do well everyone says it was wrong to throw them in and unfair on them etc but if we don’t put them in people say we should do. When we’re rubbish we’ll always look at an alternative reality where a simple change would make everything ok thats how it’ll always be for us fans.

Okay mate. You support big Sean all you want, but this is on him and negative instructions to FBs and wingers. You can still get something out of bad players if you coach them. He does not coach attacking play, plain and simple.

Let me ask you this. If your fullbacks were Mykolenko Young Coleman (none of whom can cross a ball or particularly pass it very well), and you’re a manager of a team that has been in two back to back relegation battles. Would you base a game plan around overlapping fullbacks to provide service into the box? Or would you expect the manager of the club to build a pragmatic game plan around the players he has to try and keep the team in the league and secure their financial future? I know which I’d want.

Give me the counter pressing and counter attack with low block tactics any day over whatever the full backs and centre backs were trying yesterday. Those tactics yesterday get us torn apart with Keane and Tarkowski on the half way line and then full backs pushed on, the tactics we finished last season with suited the players.

Let me ask you this. If your fullbacks were Mykolenko Young Coleman (none of whom can cross a ball or particularly pass it very well), and you’re a manager of a team that has been in two back to back relegation battles. Would you base a game plan around overlapping fullbacks to provide service into the box? Or would you expect the manager of the club to build a pragmatic game plan around the players he has to try and keep the team in the league and secure their financial future? I know which I’d want.

Give me the counter pressing and counter attack with low block tactics any day over whatever the full backs and centre backs were trying yesterday. Those tactics yesterday get us torn apart with Keane and Tarkowski on the half way line and then full backs pushed on, the tactics we finished last season with suited the players.

Funny thing is Harrison can cross, but not when he's having to check back or having to use his right. Ofc he'll never start where he should cos Sean's lovechild to the Burnley team lady is undroppable and unsubable no matter how off form or bad he's playing.

I think we need to shift focus slightly and sign a full back urgently.

If not, you may as well put money on Holgate getting a yellow or red next weekend because anyone we play at RB until Coleman or Patterson are back won’t be up to the pace of the PL and will be dragging folk down left, right and centre

I think we need to shift focus slightly and sign a full back urgently.

If not, you may as well put money on Holgate getting a yellow or red next weekend because anyone we play at RB until Coleman or Patterson are back won’t be up to the pace of the PL and will be dragging folk down left, right and centre
There is absolutely no chance we sign someone this week and they start at Spurs. Dyche doesn't pick new players until he's forced into it through awful performances.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back