Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

we literally need a message from the Bobble that we are in advanced talks with a RB with Premier League experience within 24 hours in order for him to have any chance of starting against Spurs :)

There is absolutely no chance we sign someone this week and they start at Spurs. Dyche doesn't pick new players until he's forced into it through awful performances.
Or injuries usually it's injuries more than awful performance that initiate the change he usually persists with crap displays holding a misguided notion they'll somehow get better

I know you think our squad is absolutely terrible but I really don't see it being worse than Wolves squad, for example.
Bournemouth have only spent the money they've made from selling Solanke and Wolves have spent less than they've recouped in fees for Neto et al.

Dyche has done fine, no better.
Money has been tight but its not like we've had nothing to spend either

We had about 70m of players signed under Dyche on the bench yesterday!!

That's how absurd our recruitment has been

I know you think our squad is absolutely terrible but I really don't see it being worse than Wolves squad, for example.
Bournemouth have only spent the money they've made from selling Solanke and Wolves have spent less than they've recouped in fees for Neto et al.

I know people will scoff but I agree I don't think our squad is atrocious as people think they're glaring areas of weakness but it's also dyche selecting the worst players available

Money has been tight but its not like we've had nothing to spend either

We had about 70m of players signed under Dyche on the bench yesterday!!

That's how absurd our recruitment has been
In Dyche's time at the club we've signed 9 players and only Danjuma isn't still here. So we have eight players presumably signed off by Dyche and we still have posters claiming that Dyche is not responsible for the personnel or how they play. It's an odd position to take.

Eh?

Bournemouth spent over £100m last season.

Only 3 teams have lower odds than us to be relegated.

In Dyche's time at the club we've signed 9 players and only Danjuma isn't still here. So we have eight players presumably signed off by Dyche and we still have posters claiming that Dyche is not responsible for the personnel or how they play. It's an odd position to take.

Behave.

We are the only Prem club to have a net profit in 3 summer transfer windows now.

Eh?

Dyche signed 8 of our current squad. He's playing how he wants to play. He's one of the reasons, not the only reason, that our relegation odds are so short. I find it odd that so many posters act like Dyche is not choosing who we buy, how we play, as if this is something happening to him rather than something that he is an intrinsic part of. I'm not saying that we'd be playing samba football with a different manager but the idea that this is literally the only way we can play and pick up points isn't rational.

Dyche signed 8 of our current squad. He's playing how he wants to play. He's one of the reasons, not the only reason, that our relegation odds are so short. I find it odd that so many posters act like Dyche is not choosing who we buy, how we play, as if this is something happening to him rather than something that he is an intrinsic part of. I'm not saying that we'd be playing samba football with a different manager but the idea that this is literally the only way we can play and pick up points isn't rational.

Have you been drinking mate?

You're all over the place here.

"So what"

Well, to remind you...

The point you responded to, here was my doubting whether a more "progressive" manager would get more out of out squad;

I don't think so personally.

Because a "progressive" coach, any hipster coach we can name, still needs a team with some pace and ability in the final third and this team has none of it.

All these teams below are better than us, and none earned more points than Dyche last season;

There's a reason why the bookies have us tipped again to be right down there.

You've said we operate a higher wage cost (important, money isn't it?!), and the other teams play better.

That's fair but every single one of them earns millions of pounds less a year than Dyche and operate on a lower overall squad wage cost as well. You can also occasionally enjoy a game played by those other teams, as well.

To which I've said they are better teams and have been able to spend money;

They all have better squads too.

And all have spent money.

You then contested this, evidently without realising the likes of Iraola spent £100m+ last season alone.

Eh?

Behave.

We are the only Prem club to have a net profit in 3 summer transfer windows now.

So to answer your question.

Everton's team is worse than all those clubs - it's why we're we're shorter odds than them all to get relegated again this season.

Other teams have been able to spend/invest. We've had to make more money than we spend for years now.

It's why the likes of Bielsa wouldn't touch us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.