Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Not just "much needed" but vital.

To waffle on "but dyche has brought in 8/9 players" is nonsense when its players like Young, Harrison and Danjuma :lol:
Vital, indeed. But, essentially that is off pitch finance management and out of Dyche control.

He has control of matters on pitch and I'm not sure we can credit Dyche with saving us "financially", albeit, lsst season his approach definitely kept us up.

I think Harrison in a different set up, could be a good player for us, obviously has some failings but with the right coach? For me he always looks to play forward.

It must be stifling for players to be under such cautious instruction!

As for the other 2, nuff said!

I wish I had the answers, truly, but can't see another season like the last, it's painful. Most, if not all can see where the gaps are, why can't he or the coaching team address that?

Not just "much needed" but vital.

To waffle on "but dyche has brought in 8/9 players" is nonsense when its players like Young, Harrison and Danjuma :lol:
It's not really nonsense when you consider we have spent good money on Chermiti Beto Ndiaye and O Brien. Surely we could have got more for the 70 odd million we spent there.

The question is where does the blame lie.

If its poor recruitment, then who decided on the players. Is it KT or Dyche

Or should Dyche be getting more out of them

We've spent enough that we should be getting more from the squad.

Vital, indeed. But, essentially that is off pitch finance management and out of Dyche control.

He has control of matters on pitch and I'm not sure we can credit Dyche with saving us "financially", albeit, lsst season his approach definitely kept us up.

I think Harrison in a different set up, could be a good player for us, obviously has some failings but with the right coach? For me he always looks to play forward.

It must be stifling for players to be under such cautious instruction!

As for the other 2, nuff said!

I wish I had the answers, truly, but can't see another season like the last, it's painful. Most, if not all can see where the gaps are, why can't he or the coaching team address that?

Remember the context of the debate - whether a "progressive" manager would get more out of us.

They might - but the 4 examples I give - none earned more points than Dyche last season and all had better teams. 3 of the 4 were also able to spend money - some a great deal of money.

It's not really nonsense when you consider we have spent good money on Chermiti Beto Ndiaye and O Brien. Surely we could have got more for the 70 odd million we spent there.

Chermiti and Beto were only signed because they were £0 upfront. How many strikers can you sign that allow literally, £0 upfront? That massively reduces the shortlist. It's indicative of the challenge we've had.

I don't think Dyche makes any shout/has major influence on any transfer that has a fee - as mad as that sounds. It's a problem IMO - it feels like we have a recruitment team making decisions without the manager. Things like Dyche wanted to keep Iwobi.

I don't think we have Dyche saying "lash nearly £20m at OBrien" an then pretty much saying he's not a better than Michael Keane. There's no way on gods earth Dyche is saying "spend £10m+ on this lad, 4th choice at Sporting, Chermiti" either.

I'm sure Bobble said OBrien was a recruitment team signing/not a Dyche one - and it has shown. Its part of why I was saying Keane would start yesterday.

Chermiti and Beto were only signed because they were £0 upfront. How many strikers can you sign that allow literally, £0 upfront? That massively reduces the shortlist. It's indicative of the challenge we've had.

I don't think Dyche makes any shout/has major influence on any transfer that has a fee - as mad as that sounds. It's a problem IMO - it feels like we have a recruitment team making decisions without the manager. Things like Dyche wanted to keep Iwobi.

I don't think we have Dyche saying "lash nearly £20m at OBrien" an then pretty much saying he's not a better than Michael Keane. There's no way on gods earth Dyche is saying "spend £10m+ on this lad, 4th choice at Sporting, Chermiti" either.

I'm sure Bobble said OBrien was a recruitment team signing/not a Dyche one - and it has shown. Its part of why I was saying Keane would start yesterday.

Would have thought O’Brien is the Branthwaite replacement even if Mr B see the season out

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back