Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We'll never know.

But do you think Dyche knew who Chermiti was? Do you think Dyche wanted Iroegbunam and it was a happy coincidence of a FFP swindle? Is Dyche calling for us to sign Danjuma when we wanted him before he was manager? Is Dyche saying lash nearly £20m at Textors best mate O'Brien to then put him on the bench behind Keane? Do we think Dyche wants Gnonto even though we've been trying to sign him since long before him?

To me, reading between the lines - I think Dyche is a passenger on recruitment.
To be honest, if we're going to have a DoF, the DoF should be in charge. But that only works if the DoF and the manager are like minded. I'm not convinced that's the case here. I'm sure Dyche and Thelwell are doing their best to make it work but if they have different ideologies then it's a problem. O'Brien is a good example, I'm sure when Thelwell bought him he assumed that he'd be third choice after Branthwaite and Tarkowski and would then be Branthwaite's replacement in a year's time (hopefully not in a fortnight's time), and I can totally see the logic in that even though it's not a position I would personally have prioritised. But a DoF should never be able to overrule the manager on on field issues and if Dyche won't play him then that's that. It does illustrate the dysfunction at the club.

To be honest, if we're going to have a DoF, the DoF should be in charge. But that only works if the DoF and the manager are like minded. I'm not convinced that's the case here. I'm sure Dyche and Thelwell are doing their best to make it work but if they have different ideologies then it's a problem. O'Brien is a good example, I'm sure when Thelwell bought him he assumed that he'd be third choice after Branthwaite and Tarkowski and would then be Branthwaite's replacement in a year's time (hopefully not in a fortnight's time), and I can totally see the logic in that even though it's not a position I would personally have prioritised. But a DoF should never be able to overrule the manager on on field issues and if Dyche won't play him then that's that. It does illustrate the dysfunction at the club.
Basically Moshiri needs to go so we can clean house and get things rolling. The owner is not even arsed and is already halfway out the door- but he won’t leave. It’s a toxic situation all around.

This says to me that if the DOF and the manager aren’t on the same page, something has got to give. Either the manager or the DOF needs to change. It won’t for obvious reasons, but excluding a situation like Carlo or a top manager coming in, there should be synergy between the two. The DOF should get HIS coach.
DOF is the one who is in sole charge of how the club at every level should play. So they bring the players in and the right coach that fits the way we want to play. Main reason for this is players stay longer than mangers do, so the next managerial hire fits the ethos of the club.
Think the main issue here is, which you have mentioned is seems to be Kevin is looking beyond dyche, as he was only a short term fix appointment. Kevin has to plan for 3-5 years not just this season. Unless dyche delivered something remarkable he won’t be here in that time.
So to answer your question, I think the manager should change the way he set ups not the DOF.

Basically Moshiri needs to go so we can clean house and get things rolling. The owner is not even arsed and is already halfway out the door- but he won’t leave. It’s a toxic situation all around.
Yep, it was actually worse, though, when he was arsed. Overruling the DoF on signings and having his oligarch mate choose and interview inappropriate managerial candidates on his yacht. The man's a menace whether he's engaged or not!

The RS were 8/1 last night.....

Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 19.08.39.webp

DOF is the one who is in sole charge of how the club at every level should play. So they bring the players in and the right coach that fits the way we want to play. Main reason for this is players stay longer than mangers do, so the next managerial hire fits the ethos of the club.
Think the main issue here is, which you have mentioned is seems to be Kevin is looking beyond dyche, as he was only a short term fix appointment. Kevin has to plan for 3-5 years not just this season. Unless dyche delivered something remarkable he won’t be here in that time.
So to answer your question, I think the manager should change the way he set ups not the DOF.
The likes of minteh and gnonto and to a extent danjuma seem totally a thelwell pick and certainly minteh would not have started yesterday

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back