Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If we can get Maupay and Holgate permenently off the books (full season loan salary paid in full, contract runs out end of season) then I'd consider that a satisfactory transfer window given the appalling financial situation we still find ourselves in.

Obviously nobody is giving money for them.

We can forget about Keane or Doucoure leaving due to their disgraceful salaries.

Why is this a thing considering he’s never played there in the premier league in his entire career

He’s played there for England .

Also I’m guessing that literally every other team he’s played for has actually had more than 1 LB and not had two fullbacks over the age of 35 as their starters

He’s played there for England .

Also I’m guessing that literally every other team he’s played for has actually had more than 1 LB and not had two fullbacks over the age of 35 as their starters
Yeah and given we don't actually ask our fullbacks to attack his lack of left foot doesn't matter. He'd be fine on either side for us.

Trippier would be our first choice rb and solid back up lb… but he’s another crock isn’t he? (Genuine not rhetorical ? Btw).

If he was a LB who can ‘do a job’ at rb it would have been ideal… but it’s never that easy for us is it? Lol

I’d prefer a first choice rb and ride our luck with mylenko fitness , he’s available a lot more than young ( suspensions) and Coleman and Patterson ( injuries )

I agree with what your saying but like you say, it’s never easy for us.

Walker peters would be good cover at LB also… but we 100% need young out of this team. If riding our luck at LB is the only way we can do that then I’m all for it

Yeah and given we don't actually ask our fullbacks to attack his lack of left foot doesn't matter. He'd be fine on either side for us.

My hope would be that if he played rb he would actually get forward .

He’s also decent at set pieces which looks like it’s going to be our only real chance of scoring goals again.

Would also help me clarify for my own peace of mind that the reason our fullbacks are not over lapping is because of dyche …. If we signed tripper and he was cemented to the corner flag like our current fullbacks are, I would 100% know that dyche is the problem with our style.

My hope would be that if he played rb he would actually get forward .

He’s also decent at set pieces which looks like it’s going to be our only real chance of scoring goals again.

Would also help me clarify for my own peace of mind that the reason our fullbacks are not over lapping is because of dyche …. If we signed tripper and he was cemented to the corner flag like our current fullbacks are, I would 100% know that dyche is the problem with our style.
I really don't think that's in question.

The set pieces part is important though as we can drop McNeil and not have to use that as an excuse to play him.

Also Trippier getting Young or Coleman brings that age in the team down a good deal.

Shouldn't listen to the manager. The point of the DoF model, is that you are expecting your managers to be transient. It is supposed to prevent clubs signing players for short-term gain. Yet Everton appoint a DoF and always kowtow to crazy owners, stupid chairmen and crap managers.

Manager’s should still have a say. You can’t just sign players a manager might not rate whatsoever. Be a complete waste of money.

Nothing really to the Ernest Nuamah thing according to Bobble. Lyon have contacted us to say he's available and that's about it. He did say this on his podcast earlier though (before the Fab Romano tweet), so maybe things have changed.

Also said that Dyche has rejected 8 😱😱 players that have been put to him by Thelwell. That clown needs to stay away from our recruitment altogether. Dyche is utterly clueless. The DoF should make these decisions.
Apparently in Dyche's words all 8 were just foreign muck.

He then opened the ThomsonLocal and started looking for Paul Dickov's number....'Right I've found it! Big Nose get on the blower to Dicky...I know he's into insurance these days but he'll only need a few beep tests to get him right and he'll be golden, naturally fit that lad'.

I really don't think that's in question.

The set pieces part is important though as we can drop McNeil and not have to use that as an excuse to play him.

Also Trippier getting Young or Coleman brings that age in the team down a good deal.
He will never drop McNeil. He doesn't even substitute him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back