Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Phillips could go either way. Given his efforts at West Ham you would probably say it’s 70/30 that he is pretty much done at the top level. Dele was in similar territory.

It would be a punt, but we will have to take some of those this summer you would imagine.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I really don't have the same doom and gloom as everyone else regarding the 'nobody will join us' stance.

It's not that, it's that we haven't got the money to pay for players to join us.

We have to make 1 decent sale within a month just to be FFP compliant.

We have to sell, to buy.

We're so threadbare, we have to replace whatever we sell and add depth. That to me dictates some loans, and I think we'd do well to ensure loans bring a baseline rather than Danjuma.

I wouldn't take Phillips if it's a big loan fee.

I'd see him as a improvement on Andre Gomes.

IF you believe this, which you shouldnt, not only did West Ham pay his whole wage, but they also put a little cherry on top for him

Forgotten man Kalvin Phillips is set for a pay rise with West Ham set to win the race to sign the Manchester City midfielder.

Having made just four appearances under Pep Guardiola this season, Phillips is eager to leave the Etihad to enhance his chances of making Gareth Southgate’s Euro 2024 squad. Newcastle were also in for the 28-year-old, but the Hammers are in pole position to seal a loan deal for the former Leeds man, reports the Mirror. A deal could be sealed as early as next week.

As well as meeting his £130,000-per-week wages, West Ham are also said to have agreed to pay bonuses to a player who cost City £42million when he moved from Leeds in 2022.

I think people are crazy if they dont think Man City would want his full wage covered, we are a PL club, not some League One clowns.

But thats just my opinion.
Then we should be nowhere near it. After the loan he had a WHam, and after the public snarking from Phillips and Guardiola, Man City are not in a position of strength on this one. We should definitely not be paying full whack for an obviously unwanted player off the back of two very poor seasons.

For what it's worth, if the deal was right financially, I think Phillips is worth a punt. But not at £130k a week, plus bonuses, plus a loan fee.

I think we should focus on signing 4-5 players.

Tanganga would be great for me, he is versatile available on a free and can play both in defence and attack.

Of course we need a Amadou Onana replacement. Who that could be I jave no idea

We also need 2 more wingers since mcneil is the only have. Ideally someone who can actually run and be confident enough to tale on defenders. It is a matter of proper scouting. Tako olise for example, palace bought him for less than 15 million if I am not mistaking

And finally a defender to replace Branners. Greaves looks like the best option

Its all turning your nose up at Kalvin Phillips in May and then refreshing the page on transfer deadline day hoping we got a deal sheet in for Dendoncker.
He barely had a kick for Man City mate.

Not being good enough for Man City is no shame.

I wouldn't have wanted him in January - needs a pre-season and confidence.
Dyche The Redeemer will fix him.

Or kill him with Gaffer’s Day, either/or.

Phillips could go either way. Given his efforts at West Ham you would probably say it’s 70/30 that he is pretty much done at the top level. Dele was in similar territory.

It would be a punt, but we will have to take some of those this summer you would imagine.

1716902810097.webp

The move to West Ham, in hindsight, was a bad one. He was kinda just plopped into their squad in January and was expected to instantly perform. The guy clearly needs a decent pre-season under his belt.

It's not that, it's that we haven't got the money to pay for players to join us.

We have to sell, to buy.

We're so threadbare, we have to replace whatever we sell and add depth. That to me dictates some loans, and I think we'd do well to ensure loans bring a baseline rather than Danjuma.

I get that in terms of money but I really don't think that Phillips will be a cut price deal. City won't just let him go for nothing. With the charges looming over them and the fee they spent for him, they'll be trying to recoup as much as they can.

I don't think its the same as Dele Alli everyone knew that was a massive risk he was literally like a 100 mil player if he was on it and we were getting him for free thats all you needed to look at whereas Phillips has just not made it at City its not the same scenario. I'm not saying Phillips would work out but its not the same imo.

We have to sell, to buy.

All of this ^

Btw could he bring a mate like Rico Lewis or Oscar Bobb.
City will spend big again putting these 2 further down the pecking order.
Like Palmer they'll be wanting game time.

Then we should be nowhere near it. After the loan he had a WHam, and after the public snarking from Phillips and Guardiola, Man City are not in a position of strength on this one. We should definitely not be paying full whack for an obviously unwanted player off the back of two very poor seasons.

For what it's worth, if the deal was right financially, I think Phillips is worth a punt. But not at £130k a week, plus bonuses, plus a loan fee.

I just can’t see us signing off anything like those wages in the current climate. You don’t move out all these players on 100k plus to then add one back in surely.

The move to West Ham, in hindsight, was a bad one. He was kinda just plopped into their squad in January and was expected to instantly perform. The guy clearly needs a decent pre-season under his belt.
Or he's just terrible now. He literally cost West Ham at least 1 if not 2 goals every time. It would be a huge risk for a club that needs every point it can get to take a player like him.

Like he did Keane, Coady, and Demarai Gray?
People also talk about Dyche wanting Premier League experience because they remember all the players AFTER he signed them as a Premier League manager and forget that they actually didn't have Premier League experience at all when he signed them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back